account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z: screenshot button

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Xperia Z: screenshot button

Hello,

Is it possible to bring back screenshot button on popup window displayed after pressing power-off button?

It was easy, fast and comfortable.

What is now - is not... user must go to mini apps, find it, click it, and again click it... it is terrible Slightly frowning Face

By the way, in 4.1 version when user clicked andoid button to display running apps, then that list was created quite fast. Now I have to wait about 1 second till it will show up... Am I alone with it or someone has the same issues?

Best regards.

1 REPLY 1
Adviser
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xperia Z: screenshot button

Hello~

Well, I don't think its possible to bring back the screenshot button from before unless you want to downgrade your Xperia Z. Look at this thread if you want to learn more about downgrading. http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/How-to-manually-update-downgrade-root-2013-Xperias/td-p...

And let's pray that Sony will bring back the screenshot button on the next upcoming firmware update haha.

Yea I find it quite inconveniene to screenshot stuffs now, but I think using Power button + Down Volume is much more faster  then using the mini app to screenshot xD In my opinion, the mini screenshot app is much more of an app that lets you edit the image quickly right after you took the screenshot, such as circling some important part on the image that you want to share to your friends. So you don't need to go through your Album or click Edit/Crop/Share etc etc IF you want to share/edit your image in a rushy situation. 

But ya other than that, just use the normal Power Button + Down Volume to screenshot Slightly smiling Face

Hmmm, I dont have any issues on the running apps list though.

Cheers! Slightly smiling Face