account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z is dead. Help.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Xperia Z is dead. Help.

So. I bought my phone on September 4th, not even a month ago. It's a C6603, with no pink/red indicators, just to point that out.

The first two weeks were okay, I was so thrilled with this phone! But then, suddenly, I started having problems with my phone as follows. Also before I start I would like to state that I have never dropped this phone and it's been taken care of well.

Like 2 weeks ago, I pressed the power button like I normally do to put it on standby, and when I switched it back on, I got a black screen with no response. I then pressed the power and Volume Up key after some research to reset it, and that worked!

This kept on happening more frequently as days passed, until yesterday when my phone screen just failed in putting on colour to the screen (even though my touch was working).

Then out of the blues it started working again in my hands.

The story continued with periods with the screen working and other periods with the screen not working.

The next step I did was to connect it to the pc and make a full backup, and then, software update since there was an update available.

After I updated it, something on my pc told me that it failed so I used the repair thing which failed too. (And I'm not stupid, I know what I was doing..)

Now my phone won't start, with green/red flashing lights, no hard resets available, no nothing.

Also, when I unplug it from my PC and try to switch it on, (if the screen works) I can see the SONY logo, but nothing more, it just flashes and dies.

I need some help here, Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Learner
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Xperia Z is dead. Help.

An Update on what I did:

After a whole sleepless night trying to get it to work, I finally managed to bring it back to life, after a full factory reset.

I lost all of my data, which I hope I will be able to recover right now. 

Learner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Xperia Z is dead. Help.

Another update: Not even going to try to restore my stuff on the phone. It's a useless war and I spent too much time already. The screen is still flickering after the updates, sometimes working sometimes not. Epic phone build SONY. Taking it to my local provider later on today.