account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Xperia Z gyrometer,accelerometer,compass,proximity switch stop working in lollipop

czh
Rookie
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: Xperia Z gyrometer,accelerometer,compass,proximity switch stop working in lollipop

Every tests passed except Ear proximity

And in service menu it looked like this

Screenshot_2015-06-01-11-14-06[1].pngScreenshot_2015-06-01-11-14-10[1].pngScreenshot_2015-06-01-11-14-21[1].pngScreenshot_2015-06-01-11-14-27[1].png

And these meter readings don't change no matter  what i do

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

Re: Xperia Z gyrometer,accelerometer,compass,proximity switch stop working in lollipop

Check the proximity sensor. Do you see anything blocking it or covering it. For example: any film, or plastic covering, or even dirt or debris?
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

If you are having trouble locating the proximity sensor, take a look at the link below.

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz/supportDocumentation/
czh
Rookie
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

I don't  exactly know where it  is.Near the LED light,with the light sensor?

The light sensor is funtioning well.

I think nothing blocks it.

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

Contact Sony xperia support that seems to be a hardware issue.

Sony Xperia Support link below.
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/
czh
Rookie
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

Well,thx anyway.

But i can tell they would say the mainboard were broken,Need a replacement....

I can found numerous people get dead sensor in updating.

Does that mean updating software  might damage the hardware?

Emperor
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

I have an Xperia Z running lollipop now, I can't recreate your issue.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)