account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z died

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Xperia Z died

SO i was playing with my Xperia z after i woke up and it had a full night to load its battarie , and it just turned itself off , like pzzt it went black and then nothing. I tried charging it and still nothing happend no red led no vibration nothing. so i called the xperia support and they told me to download pc companion and reset the phone . I downloaded pcc installed it clicked on support , then on repair tablet/phone then followed the instruction (disconnect cable turn off phone [like its not turned off the whole time, even did hardreset with volume and power button]plug in cable and then plug in phone while pressing volume down) and that stupid programm didnt recognice my phone. nothing happend it just said connect the phone please help im in desperate need for help and the support isnt available anymore(they close after 6 p.m. )

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Xperia Z died

@bhkfdny

Connect the phone to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 15 seconds > let it charge for 3 hours > repair with PCC

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Genius
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi bhkfdny, welcome to the community!

Folow @uliwoolys advice & keep us updated. If the repair doesn't work then contact Sony Xperia Customer Care in your region - you can find contact details by clicking the link in my signature. I do hope running the software repair works for you Slightly smiling Face

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.