account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Z cant record voice messages

Enthusiast
Message 41 of 51
Message 41 of 51

Re: Xperia Z cant record voice messages

Well, everyone in this place wants to use Facebook messenger, because facebook won't allow their users to access facebook message section without messenger. This only happens with Sony Xperia devices only, where HTC, samsung and LG, both midrange and flagship devices don't have this issue. This bugs only on Xperia users. Facebook won't listen to our bug report, I have been reporting since last year and I messaged you guys, too. Now, my update period is already over. I'm on Xperia SP, and I wont receive any more updates. I was on Sony Xperia Z, I got that bug there too.

You didn't fix the bug, you ended our update period without giving Kitkat and promising that, it would happen. Well, never knew, Sony has the worst software developer on Earth. This SP is my last phone from Sony's Xperia line. Everyone with Sony Xperia have this issue bugging their phone. You never heard your customers' voice, nor saw your customers' writings.

And the solution for this, is to, throw your Xperia device out of your window and get another device from another company.

You didn't listen to your customers, that's why you had to sell VAIO to another Japanese company, and that's what gonna happen to Xperia and Bravia TV. You ignored Bravia's color issues and Xperia's bug issues.

Wait and see, we wouldn't tell your upcoming customers any negative or positive fact about your products, they'll just understand without us even saying those words.
Learner
Message 42 of 51
Message 42 of 51

darn it i have the same problem with my Xperia Z!

SONY, don,t you have any fix for this?!

Learner
Message 43 of 51
Message 43 of 51

still no solution? I have Xperia T.

The solution is to uninstall facebook messenger. But thats what I don't want. I want to use facebook messenger...

PLZ somebody say something

Learner
Message 44 of 51
Message 44 of 51

Hi 

My sisters Z2 had that problem. can't record audio at all and can't record videos as it says "a recording is taking place in another app" 

I search everywhere for a solution.. currently running 5.1.1

Maybe there's a workaround? (uninstalling Facebook messanger wont work..)

Message 45 of 51
Message 45 of 51

Disable ok google detection from any screen @Barina.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 46 of 51
Message 46 of 51

she hasn't enable it yet..

Message 47 of 51
Message 47 of 51

Boot in safe mode and see if the same occurs.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 48 of 51
Message 48 of 51

Thanks @AlexDon until now she said that the problem didn't occur but when it will happan again we will try the safe mode
Thanks again Slightly smiling Face

Message 49 of 51
Message 49 of 51

Ok, keep us updated.

One time poster
Message 50 of 51
Message 50 of 51

Facebook messenger doesn't record voice msg