account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Z cant record voice messages

One time poster
Message 21 of 51
Message 21 of 51

Re: Xperia Z cant record voice messages

Same prob ( once you try to use fb msg voice msg all the other apps that use voice stop working) Sony Z1 Compact - Android version 4.4.2
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 22 of 51
Message 22 of 51

Hi Sam. I don't have All Audio Recorder in my Apps list. The closest thing I could find is Audio Manager.

When I try to record an audio message on the facebook app, it freezes for a bit then after a few moments, it says "Cannot process your request" or something like that. Then all the other apps won't be able to record voice messages anymore like Wechat, Vibr, etc. So I'd have to restart my phone. But then when I try it again with facebook, the same thing happens.

I have Xperia Z.

Apprentice
Message 23 of 51
Message 23 of 51

can someone from sony tm can help us or at least answer the question? will be it fixed or i should send my new xperia z back ... :-/
One time poster
Message 24 of 51
Message 24 of 51

Hi Sam. I don't have All Audio Recorder in my Apps list. The closest thing I could find is Audio Manager.

When I try to record an audio message on the facebook app, it freezes for a bit then after a few moments, it says "Cannot process your request" or something like that. Then all the other apps won't be able to record voice messages anymore like Wechat, Vibr, etc. So I'd have to restart my phone. But then when I try it again with facebook, the same thing happens.

I have Xperia Z.
Please help I got tired now.
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 25 of 51
Message 25 of 51

@kaleem - Just to clarify, is this only happening for you when you try to record using the Facebook application and if so have you applied the update to the Facebook application they have rolled out very recently?

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Cod
Inhabitant
Message 26 of 51
Message 26 of 51

Wow, why am I not surprised to see this is an Xperia thing. Another buggy thing to add to the already long list of bugs

rye
Visitor
Message 27 of 51
Message 27 of 51

Hi. All sound recorder in apps? I cant see it. Help pls. Still cannot record voice on fb
rye
Visitor
Message 28 of 51
Message 28 of 51

I cant record voice and video as well. Pls help
One time poster
Message 29 of 51
Message 29 of 51

Re: Xperia V cant record voice messages

Please I Need Help .. I Have A Problem In My Phone Sony Xperia V .. From Last Update 4.3.3 I Can't Record Voice Messages In FB And I Try PC Companion And Didn't Work...And As I See Alot Of People Has This Problem Too..So Please Send Update To Us To Fix It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One time poster
Message 30 of 51
Message 30 of 51

Same problem here. I just noticed that my Xperia Z1 won't record any voice messages on any app (FB, Whatsapp, etc) I also notice that in some games ("Dumb ways to Die" to more precise) the microphone won't work. I've already tried the recommended "Companion" solution provided and it still doesn't work. Any other suggestion?