Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2015-10-06 04:19 AM
After I upgrade my phone Xperia Z from Android 5.0 to 5.1, I can not register to WCDMA, only register to GSM. I use the search mode : automatic, it's fail to connect to WCDMA. I use the search mode manual, although we can find and see all WCDMA carriers, I stick my register carrier and connect ,also fail.
I use my sim card to input to the other devices, I can use the WCDMA. Please help me this case. How I can fix it ?
2015-10-06 04:53 AM
@uliwooly : Surely, I move out the current APN and re-register the new one as the carrier request (100% exactly). But, as i mention, I use my simcard to input to other device ( SS) and I can connect to the WCDMA normally.
As I wrote, I can not register to WCDMA (3G), only register to GSM ( 2G). Obviously, I can use my phone to connect to Internet with slowly connection of 2G.
2015-10-06 06:11 AM
2015-10-06 06:27 AM
Note: a software repair will delete all user data, to back up your phone using PC Companion:
1. Go to Support to install PC Companion on a Windows computer.
2. When installed, start PC Companion on the computer.
3. Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
4. Click Start under Backup & Restore.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
(Exactly what contents will be backed up may differ depending on phone model.
You can view detailed information about this as you follow the steps in the Backup & Restore wizard).
using Bridge for Mac
1. Launch Bridge For MAC.
2. Select "Back up your Xperia device".
3. Select the data you wish to back up from your device (the windows can be expanded for more detail as below; then select "Next".
4. The backup will now be in process, do not disconnect the phone while this runs.
Running the software repair on PC Companion:
1. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
2. Phone Software Update.
4. Repair Phone
6. Accept data removal
8. Wait for prepare
9. Select Phone
10. Follow the connection steps
Running the software repair on Bridge for Mac:
1. Launch Bridge for MAC without the handset connected.
2. On the Main Window select "Xperia > Repair Xperia Device".
3. Ensure the phone is charged and select "Ok" in the following window.
4. Select Continue on the following page.
5. Wait until the initialising step is finished the continue as below.
6 . Select your model of phone from the list that appears
7. Follow the connection steps that appear, ensuring that you are holding the relevant button down before during and after the connection phase until the update/repair begins
I do hope this resolves the issue for you, let us know how you get on.
2015-10-08 05:49 PM
@SophiaW & uliwooly,
I repaired already by PCC but issue still be happened, can not connect to WCDMA. My sim card surely can work good and connect to WCDMA by my other devices.
2015-10-10 01:32 PM