account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z,ZL,ZR 4.4.4 issues

One time poster
Message 111 of 163
Message 111 of 163

disappointing....

sony!!!...

I had Xperia Z and his died suddenly.... and the reasons are unknown , I took him to the maintenance but that did not work , he still sleep...

Thank you sony...  I loved you... but i hate u now..and I will never buy anything from you later

Saeed bourghli...

Jordan

s_a
One time poster
Message 112 of 163
Message 112 of 163

xperia z c6616 overheats after update to 4.4.4 and battery drain to fast

My xperia z c6616 overheats after update to 4.4.4
The battery also drains to fast... now what i do?

Adept
Message 113 of 163
Message 113 of 163

Latest firmware update Zr battery drain

So i updated my ZR to the latest firmware, however now android operating system is draining 50-60 percent of my battery... Sigh... Getting sick of these battery drains after every new update.. I've got my xperia on but that shouldn't be an issue because it wasn't draining before the update.. Anyone have any helpful tips??

Forum Legend
Message 114 of 163
Message 114 of 163

Re: Latest firmware update Zr battery drain

Try performing a system repair as this will often fix issues after an upgrade - This will factory reset your phone

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the onscreen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

RMT
Apprentice
Message 115 of 163
Message 115 of 163

Re: Latest firmware update Zr battery drain

A lot of us tried the repair option already. In this case, it doesn't seem to be helping the situation.

I would say, in this case, don't bother. You'll lose your customizations, to no benefit.

Sony, PLEEEZZEEE GIVE US A NEW SYSTEM IMAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One time poster
Message 116 of 163
Message 116 of 163

lastest patch for xperia z problem

Hello! I have a really big issue connected with latest patch! From now on I can't switch on my screen unless someone calls me or I plug my phone with charger. I don't know what to do about it ...
Forum Legend
Message 117 of 163
Message 117 of 163

Re: lastest patch for xperia z problem

Try performing a system repair as this will often fix issues after an upgrade - This will factory reset your phone

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the onscreen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 118 of 163
Message 118 of 163

Xperia ZR battery drain due to stay awake on 4.4.4

Creating new topic as the problem is seen on KitKat 4.4.4 (.283) build. Slightly frowning Face

When ever I use sterio bluetooth headsets on my Xperia ZR after disconnecting headsets phone is not going in sleep mode.

Causing it to drain battery even when screen is off and sleep after 15 secs is on.

Battery getting down to 60% from 100% within 6-8 hours without any usage of phone (no WiFi or Data ON).

The stay awake function from Android OS/System is showing ON for almost 6-8 hours when battery drains.

The problem was posted on Jellybean 4.3 by some user and workaround was to Reboot the phone and it works.

But I can't reboot my phone each time I disconnect bluetooth headsets. Face with rolling Eyes

Let me know if you guys have any other solution on this.

Also if some one have .292 build can they check if this problem persists or not?

Emperor
Message 119 of 163
Message 119 of 163

Re: Xperia ZR battery drain due to stay awake on 4.4.4

Have you reinstall the latest update with PCC

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 120 of 163
Message 120 of 163

Re: Xperia ZR battery drain due to stay awake on 4.4.4