account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z,ZL,ZR 4.4.4 issues

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 3 of 163
Message 3 of 163

Xperia Z,ZL,ZR 4.4.4 issues

Guys, I am from India. I have just recieved the 10.5.1.A.0.283 (Android 4.4.4) update via PC Companion. I am currently running 4.4.2 . Please advice me if I should install the update or not. I can see many people have been complaining about this update too, simillar to 4.4.2 . The last update (4.4.2) totally ruined my very good working phone and I still regret it. Please advice me if I shoud update to 4.4.4 .

P.S.: @SonySupport: Do you people even test your updates before giving them to us? We have spent a lot of money on our phones and the least we deserve is that our phones run in a good condition without giving us a hard time. Is that too much to expect? Please reply.

162 REPLIES 162
Adviser
Message 1 of 163
Message 1 of 163

Reg Update

Dear All,

I'm about to update my ZR to 10.1.1.b.0.101 Version, will that erase all the Apps in the phone, and also is it better to upgrade to this version or still in the previous version.

Message 2 of 163
Message 2 of 163

Re: Reg Update

By simply updating,you should not lose data.But,unfortunately,sometimes problems occur and you might have compatibility problems with some apps.It is better to backup.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 163
Message 4 of 163

Re: Xperia ZL 4.4.4 issues

We are a user support forum meaning we are user/owners of devices like you but have stuck around to help others which means we are unable to answer such questions and have no influence to be able to aquire the answer - You need to contact Xperia care http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/ if you are unhappy with your phones current firmware - However Sony do test the firmware but if your country tweaks it then how does that become a Sony issue, It is your network and or country to blame for the tweaks they made before authorising Sony to release it to you - If you are unhappy then you can always manually downgrade using Flashtools and a .ftf firmware file - With regards to the update, some will never be happy regardless if the software was flawless they'd still find something to complain about, it's human nature to complain

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Apprentice
Message 5 of 163
Message 5 of 163

Ya, I understand your point and all I am asking from other users is their help. I just want to know from the users if the bugs of the previous update are solved or not, or atleast reduced.

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 163
Message 6 of 163

how can a country tweak the official firmware released by sony? Dizzy Face network operator can tweak the firmware but most of the phones in India are unlocked and do not depend on mobile operator to get approval for update so in this case sony itself should be blamed and not country or operator if there are problems.

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 163
Message 7 of 163

I updated my ZL yesterday and so far it is working normally as it was before the update. I did not notice any change in performance yet. Maybe after 2-3 days i can come to any conclusion regarding the update.Slightly smiling Face

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 163
Message 8 of 163

Each country has specific settings so even if you are generic some apps will be different so a country will say these apps need to be installed, There isn't one firmware fits all, Theres no such thing as a global generic firmware despite what other sites say

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Talent
Message 9 of 163
Message 9 of 163

4.4.4 is far better than 4.4.2 

Performing well till now smoother than before on xperia ZL. Battery is good too.

One time poster
Message 10 of 163
Message 10 of 163

Wifi dropping out after latest update - 10.5.1.A.0.283

These KitKat updates have been the worst thing to happen to this otherwise great phone. After waiting months for all the bugs of the last update to be fixed, I finally got to update my phone to 10.5.1.A.0.283 only to find that my WiFi is now unstable.

At random intervals it will just disconnect, even when the signal is high...even when I'm standing right next to the router!

Has anyone else noticed this issue? I've tried the standard steps of resetting phone, router etc (although it happens with all wifi connections) but nothing helps.

Thanks for reading.