account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z Unstable

Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia Z Unstable

My Xperia Z, since I got it, has one major problem. It restart every 1-2 minute of using it and when plugging it, everytime.

What I tryied:

- Installing older firmware

- Updated firmware

- Changed battery

- Opened it and made sure everything was connected well

- Switched "Power Saving", "Wi-Fi", "Mobile Bravia..", and other settings in the Developer tab as well ON/OFF

- Flashed different firmwares on it

I don't know what is wrong with this phone. I can't get another one either because I didn't buy It..

I also want to say I have no Sony Service I can send it to, I'm nowhere near one.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xperia Z Unstable

Which country?  Maybe a neighbouring country has an authorized Sony repair centre?

Learner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Romania but I won't go to another country just to fix an old Xperia Z. I want someone to maybe tell me how could I fix it.

Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@Expulse

Does it restart without the SD and SIM cards? if it does, it might be a hardware issue, what exactly its acting up, no one can tell unless you get it inspected by a Sony repair center. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

It has no SD Card or SIM card and never had.

Emperor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@Expulse

Then the only option is to get it repaired by a Sony repair center, sorry.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)