account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Z Ultra Overheating??????anyone have the same problem??

Adviser
Message 11 of 23
Message 11 of 23

Re: Xperia Z Ultra Overheating??????anyone have the same problem??

Factors that may contribute to sudden heat up of your phone is first the signal strenght. If your in a loc that signal is too low expect ur phone to heat more than usual which is only normal to each phone bec it needs more power just for it to receives good signal. Second is the simultaneous sycning of diff apps to the net if your connected like fb, tweeter, etc. Third, there are diff apps that keeps ur cpu busy enough even though not using it . U can notice that all if your battery drain to fast than the first time u use ur phone. Also try to install apps that monitors ur battery and the temperature it produce, u might appreciate it havig it monitor.
Adviser
Message 12 of 23
Message 12 of 23

Just for info, my current phone is xperia acro s which gave me the headache at first bec of the heating issue but in the end, kind of, not use to the heating but rather know the reason why it heats that much so i know the solution. Remember also the the xperia phone that is waterproof is tightly sealed so no air for proper ventalation that can lessen the heat.

Anyway, Im also planning to buy the z ultra this coming few weeks. Thanks
Rookie
Message 13 of 23
Message 13 of 23

Hi Mate,

thanks for all the information,i tried over the weekend and still the same.

therfore i give up.

Rookie
Message 14 of 23
Message 14 of 23

Hi Mate,

i downloaded AVG softeware[Pro Version]

Result is:

Placed on a table the temp of the phone is:30'C

Placed in my pocket or anywhere that is sealed with no air come through is:38-41'C

BTW i dont have much apps on my phone.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 15 of 23
Message 15 of 23

Hi, just got my z ultra about less than a week now. At first two days i did not installed any apps other than the battery bot app tht i used in my acro s and the phone's temp just play around 22 to 30 degress celcius. But after that got to install now some apps and the temp got higher. I mostly got 28 to 36 degress in normal used but when playing games the temp reaches to 41 degress celcius. Note that i dont used xzu as a phone but a small tablet so the phone is in flightmode all the time. When not in use the phones temp is in 28 to only 33 degress celcius. 

Just for info mate fter getting this zu. Hope u discovered thecause of the heating of your zu.

One time poster
Message 16 of 23
Message 16 of 23

Hi.. My problem is that my sony xperia z ultra heats up on the upper back portion near the charging port whenever i use it or just simply charging it.
I havent tried to put it under water and the water indicator is white.
Can anyone help me regarding this? What seems to be the problem? Thanks
Talent
Message 17 of 23
Message 17 of 23

unless the phone itself says that it is getting hot, it is ok. What you feel as 'hot', for the phone is ok.

IF/WHEN the phone gets so hot that it is a problem, it will shut down by itself.

You don't have to worry.

One time poster
Message 18 of 23
Message 18 of 23

My ultra gets very hot. Then just shutdown. Have to put in the fridge. data was turned off so no apps running
Going to exchange this one and if I get the same fault ( ie almost too hot to hold).I'm afraid I wouldnt be able to recommend it any further to my 5k+ customers each month.
For whom I've exchanged a few for already
One time poster
Message 19 of 23
Message 19 of 23

I want to know why my z ultra became overheat after using magnetic charger..when using usb cable, the feel of warm does not happen...the warm feel happen all time after charge until the battery need to be charge back.
Regular
Message 20 of 23
Message 20 of 23

when I used magnet charger, my xperia z ultra getting very heat 45 digree up

cpu load show 80 to 100%

cpu0    2150

cpu1    1120

cpu2    2150

cpu3    1120

as per cpu Z software

but when I used normal usb cable my xperia z ultra not heat

please help