account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z Ultra Overheating??????anyone have the same problem??

Rookie
Message 1 of 23
Message 1 of 23

Xperia Z Ultra Overheating??????anyone have the same problem??

when first few weeks using my phone there is no overheating problem,after 1 month time eveytime i placed inside my pocket and it was so hot,even my leg can feel it!! does anyone have the same issue here?before i go back to the supplier i need to make sure first,because of the long RMA process.

please help!!

22 REPLIES 22
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 23
Message 2 of 23

Re: Xperia Z Ultra Overheating??????anyone have the same problem??

Heat itself is quite normal, the handset will generate fairly reasonable amount of heat depending on how heavily the processor is being used. You may notice the heat more with this handset due to the thickness of the handset and the materials it is made from.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 3 of 23
Message 3 of 23

even when im not using my phone and it still generate that much heat?i found out the funny thing is that when i take it out from my pocket the heat reduce instantly does that looks normal to sony?

i never experience such hot phone before,if above issues are normal then i guess there is no point for me send it back to sony for rma process.

also when im on the phone the voice of the person what very poor[i think it all started when i tried the sony waterproof function]

MG
Adept
Message 4 of 23
Message 4 of 23

Hi Shibuya,

I think you hit the nail on the head. The ear speaker is not waterproof for sure. My phone got wet in the rain and since then the ear speaker is giving trouble, but if i use a headphone that's fine. The problem here is that the Service Centre people in Calcutta refuse to even take the phone and test it out. Its been less than a month since I bought the phone and the thought of having to live with poor service for the next two years is killing me.

Emperor
Message 5 of 23
Message 5 of 23

the speaker it is water proof you just have to wait for it to dry out 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

MG
Adept
Message 6 of 23
Message 6 of 23

Uliwooly,

Over three days? I thought the manual/advertisement mentioned 3 hours?

Emperor
Message 7 of 23
Message 7 of 23

perhaps you have a faulty unit 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 8 of 23
Message 8 of 23

Hi MG,

Mate i think you got the point  that speaker is not waterproof,this overheating problem it all started  after i tested waterproof[not deep into the sea just drop off 1 cup water to test out]

i was in meeting today and the phone are so **bleep** hot i swear,ive to hang out half my phone[where the camera is outside to let it cool down],i swear this amount of the heat its not normal at all[Unless its designing problem,which i cannot compliant anymore]

i have no idea what to do now,send back to the supplier for nearly a month service or something just don't work for me.

so my questions wheather you guys experiening same issue like me after tested the waterproof function?

Rookie
Message 9 of 23
Message 9 of 23

I need to know the amount of the heat from my ULTRA that hurts leg are normal or not????when im not using the phone just leave it inside my pocket and the heat hurts my leg?????support team please answear my question so i can  go back to my supplier and ask them for refund or do something!!!i simply can't handle that much of the heat coming out from my phone!!!!its so hot!!!and i meant very hot!!!!!!!

Emperor
Message 10 of 23
Message 10 of 23

If you are not using the phone and gets quite hot, most likely you have apps running in the background that create this heat, perhaps syncing G+ or Facebook or other streaming services, You could repairing your phone with SUS or PCC 

Update Service (SUS)

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Don't forget the Kudos