account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z Camera Shutting Down Restarting

One time poster
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Xperia Z Camera Shutting Down Restarting

Hi, I have a Xperia Z and since last update can't use the camera as every time I do it shuts down and restarts, also does exactly same thing when I try and shut down web page boxes.

I have tried what they told me on phone from Sony, with going to pc companion and repair phone and told would clear everything and new install but no joy.

HELP!!!  as getting very frustrated

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Demigod
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Xperia Z Camera Shutting Down Restarting

If the problem is still there even after a repair in Sony PC Companion I recommend you to contact your local support for further information on how to send it in to a repair center for investigation:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

One time poster
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Did you get this sorted out? I have the same problem
One time poster
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Same problem here.  I have done a complete re-install as described.

I have also entered the service menu and tested everything, and if I test any camera or the gryoscope the phone restarts.

Has anyone got a fis for this?

One time poster
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

hiii please i have the same problem here can any one help me to solve it when i open the camera it restart and doesn't open but when i open it from instagram or snapchat it open for 3 sec and then the restart please can any one help me ?

One time poster
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

same issue camera reboots phone

Visitor
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Any one fix this???
Adviser
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

It happened to me also on my other Xperia devices. It's the fault of application called Camera 1.0 or your SD Card. Camera creates DCIM folder on your internal memory AND on SD Card. Problem occurs at startup of Camera, somehow it doesn't know where to store your photos or SD Card may be slow for camera speed. I don't know. But I fixed it this way:

1. Move all  photos from SD Card/DCIM to some other folder on your SD Card with different name ("My Photos" for example).

2. Disconnect your SD Card from your phone in phone Settings -> Storage -> Turn off SD Card

3. Start Camera, open Settings and set your photo storage on Internal memory.

4. Restart your phone.

Now remember. What ever you do never save or keep any photo into your SD Card/DCIM folder. And don't open "Storage settings" in Camera app to change it.
Keep it in internal storage.

Adviser
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I'm affraid this was only temporary. It happens again to me Slightly frowning Face

Rookie
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

It's a battery related issue. You can see more info in this thread Xperia Z power off on 50% of battery

So far the only solution is replacement of the battery.