account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z C6606 cant get a good nework signal

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Xperia Z C6606 cant get a good nework signal

I have an Xperia Z c6606l, 4.1.2 i bought it recently, i got the 50 dollar plan for it, at first i got 4G bars at the store but soon i left i had no signal, randomly id get 2 bars out of nowhere and the poof itst the red x. i tried resetting it, used the update service and PC companion to reinstall the software and no dice. now whatta is going on, my cheap Sparq picks up a signal with ease and i cant get squat on this Xperia Z. i went to the T-Mobile store to see if i could figure out the issue, i got another new micro sim card and yet it did the same thing, it reads the sim but no bars, then at random moments it picks a a 2G signal and gone all over again, is this an isolated incident, a defect, or is there a way to fix this? i need help. on the networks in settings i search for networks and itll show t-mobile, sometimes LTE, sometimes 3G, either one i click it tries to connect. registers and then says i need to insert sim card or make sure network is available. plus it shows at&t and verizon under networks, am i missing something here? any legit help is greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Xperia Z C6606 cant get a good nework signal

Do you have the correct APN settings? Keep in mind that T-mobile's coverage its not that great

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

I have no idea, what are the correct APN settings, like I said my previous phones had no such signal issues & I use the Sparq could it be the 4G LTE band just isn't up to par? I have too many questions.
Emperor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Settings > more > mobile networks > access point names > menu > add new > enter this info

NameT-Mobile US
APNepc.tmobile.com
Proxyblank
Usernameblank
Passwordblank
Serverwap.voicestream.com
MMSChttp://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy216.155.165.50
MMS Portblank
MCC310
MNC260
Authentication typenot set
APN Typedefault
APN protocolIPv4
Bearerunspecified

menu > save

Just wondering have you purchased this phone through T-mobile or is it unlocked? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Thanks a bajillion, what about port? That ones missing. I bought it from someone, although it has the T-Mobile logo on the back. I think it is because when searching service providers it shows Verizon and AT&T also.
Emperor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

If an item its not listed, leave it blank, I think you have this issue

Since your phone was a prepaid phone perhaps 4G LTE its not quite authorized on this device (Smartphone) check this thread, I know its about AT&T but I think something similar its going on with your account

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-Ultra/Z-ultra-C6806/m-p/424255/highlight/true#M1783

Apprentice
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

I tried those apn settings and some other alternatives yet it lacks a signal then randomly gets 2 bars then dead again. Ima try that speak with T-Mobile. Perhaps youre right, I do have prepaid. Thanks a lot for the help either way, I now know what I didn't before.
Emperor
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Anytime, let us know how it goes