account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia X crack on screen

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia X crack on screen

Hey everyone,

Wondered if anyone else has ran into this issue.

I went to bed a few nights ago and and left my xperia x on my bedside table as usual. When I woke the next morning I noticed that a crack had developed on the bottom right hand corner of the screen, (almost from end to end of the volume rocker). The phone works fine but the crack seems to have just appeaed. I have never dropped it and its always been in a protective case.

I have sent the phone to Sony for repair as its still under warranty but can't find any information relating to whether the crack would be covered by warranty as I'm sure the screen would need replacing. I can't imagine how its happened but I'm certain the crack wasn't there when I went to bed.

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xperia X crack on screen

I'm sorry to hear about your issue, but the screen can't crack on it's own, you probably dropped the phone, sat on it, or hit it while in your pocket, either or, contact your Local support regarding this.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Kyle_2603, I'm very sorry to hear about what has happened. Slightly frowning Face

I'm afraid that it is not possible to tell a warranty case from a description alone. A decision regarding your screen being in-warranty is made once a technician at an authorized service center has had the opportunity to thoroughly investigate your device for the cause of the damage. However, I am once again sorry to hear about your phone. Slightly frowning Face

In this case it would be wise to keep in touch with your Local support if you've sent the device in for servicing in order to get updates and be assisted in the case on a market base level. Since this is a Global user based support forum I'm afraid it's difficult for me to help you with a local case such as this, but your local team are happy to do so I'm sure! Slightly smiling Face

Should there be anything else you wonder about that I can assist you with, whether it is the warranty terms and conditions or anything else, then feel free to let me know! I will be happy to assist you with anything that I'm capable of! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I appreciate where you are coming from but I can't fathom how the crack has appeared. It was fine when I went to bed and it was in the same spot when I woke so I'm at a loss for an explanation. Being honest Sony Support have been awful so far. They have had the phone for 7 days now and have still not been in touch with a quote for repair or an appraisal of the issues. I have spoken to the support chat twice who have gave the most vaguest answers and have not actually answered my questions satisfactorily. I have accepted that I may have to pay for a repair but the turnaround time is shocking. So much for making things easy and quick.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I understand your frustration regarding the turnaround time. I work globally but I'm based in the Nordics market so I am informed regarding what the service routines look like for this market, but I'm afraid I can't answer for other markets. This is the main reason that it would be best to keep in touch with the local team, since they'll be better informed for what the local market looks like I'm afraid. Slightly frowning Face

Let me know how it went!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.