account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia V 4.3 9.2.A.0.295 Feedback

Commissioner
Message 1 of 82
Message 1 of 82

Xperia V 4.3 9.2.A.0.295 Feedback

Hi,

I just want to know if any one got the update and notice any bugs and good improvement on the latest firmware. Please drop your feedback. I'll post my feedback as soon as i get the update.

81 REPLIES 81
Visitor
Message 2 of 82
Message 2 of 82

Re: Xperia V 4.3 9.2.A.0.295 Feedback

First, sorry for my bad English. I tried the new Xperia firmware, I installed the ftf file last night. But, I found two big bug in my phone, after the update. The picture: Volume control "panel" anywhere, when I press the Volume up or down button. The youtube video: video recording with any resoulation. I have same problem with the photos. Any solution?

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/140215/Screenshot_2014-02-15-08-10-17_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGM-TueEMzg

Talent
Message 3 of 82
Message 3 of 82

Yep guys.. those have manged to update 4.3 pls do share what is in it...

Hope SONY has given a trouble free firmware...

Anyway keep posting about this..

tx

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 82
Message 4 of 82

try to reinstall the update. Make a clean re-install... then it will hopefully vanish.

Talent
Message 5 of 82
Message 5 of 82

Here's my feedback based on current, yet limited, experience with 4.3 update (Sweedish SI).

1. Update via PC Companion on Win7 works well and my settings were preserved when device booted with 4.3

2. Walkman sound is exceptional ! (less crosstalk and distortion)

3. Project Butter rocks in terms of UI smoothness

4. Xperia launcher is simple, fast and it's design is (still) the best out there

Now, some negatives:

1. Some widgets and apps use different theme (color-scheme) than rest of UI (seems like someone forgot to complete the theming)

2. More bloatware than in 4.1 (some of them can be uninstalled)

3. A bit less available RAM, although up to now I didn't find this to affect UI smoothness/speed

So far, I haven't notice any volume or camera/video issues like those reported before.

I'll update my feedback if I find something relevant.

Overall, it's a great update. Good work !

It was worth the long wait we were subjected to, although I noticed some guys were about to have a heart attack with the delay ;-)

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 82
Message 6 of 82

I do also have the the volume up and down bug. It returned today
Adviser
Message 7 of 82
Message 7 of 82

I would like to report the same problem with the volume control, the bug appeared few hours after the update. I got the 4.3 update through PC companion.
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 8 of 82
Message 8 of 82

What a great update but... My Logitech headphones stopped working with the phone. Sony's own handsfree works ok. It's really annoying.
Apprentice
Message 9 of 82
Message 9 of 82

Little bit more RAM consumption, everything else seems to be fine...
Adviser
Message 10 of 82
Message 10 of 82

I just did my update and so far it looks ok.

IMy concern is the camera, there are a lot less options to adjust and the sweping function is not as good as before. In the oldversion you could stop whenever you liked and teh picture got the witdth you decided, now you must sweep all the way.

Anyone else experiencing the same?