account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia U on ICS now running perfectly

One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia U on ICS now running perfectly

After my initial upgrade to ICS my Xperia U was lagging terribly but after lots of fiddling it's finally better than it's ever been. My light sensor works properly for the first time since I got my phone!

I thought I'd post what helped me get my phone running perfectly. I don't know if every step was essential, but after doing the following my U is running as smooth as silk and the battey is lasting longer than ever before. I'm not noticing any problems at all.

So anyway, after using PC Companion to upgrade to ICS my phone was laggy as hell and I was really disappointed.

1) Firstly, I did a factory reset and this helped a lot.

2) I then decided to try rooting my phone as this was something I'd wanted to try since I got my phone. I hated not being able to delete certain pre-installed features like the EA Games App. The following link shows the method I used. It's very easy.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

3) I downloaded SD Maid and used this App to remove unwanted bloatware and unnecessary Apps from my phone, as well as generally clean things up a little.

It should be noted that I also use Juice Defender Ultimate to help manage my battery. This is an awesome App and the only one I have ever spent money on.

The Xperia U cannot be overclocked as it's processor runs at maximum speed as standard.

Like I say, after all this my phone is running ICS beautifully.

I hope this can all be of some help for other people. Slightly smiling Face

4 REPLIES 4
Demigod
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xperia U on ICS now running perfectly

good work posting some experiences. I hope this helps others out.

Please mark Correct and Helpful answers and you can also visit my blog at:arnabghosal1989's Blog

One time poster
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi. How do you do a factory reset, and what files/ settings are lost in the process?

Thanks

Demigod
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

you can factory reset by settings>backup and reset

All apps files and settings are lost

The most profound technology is the one that vanishes quickly
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

you can do a factory reset by visiting settings on your phone

as jatinrungta said it will delete app files stored in phone memory it will not delete anything on sd