account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia U network issue

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

Xperia U network issue

Hello

I have recently 16 days before purchased Xperia U.

I am facing network issue with my new phone.

Every day at least once my phone does not show any network (Red cross displayed on network signal)

I need to power off and again power on to get network.

I am really dis-appointed with this issue.

Let me know if any one has faced this issue and has resolution to it

BR

15 REPLIES 15
Visitor
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Re: Xperia U network issue

If your build is B.3.172 then this problem faced by many worldwide after update of phone software. You can read on in this forum. Sony has withdrawn this build. I am on B.1.564 and is working fine. So check your build number first.

One time poster
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

Me to faced this problem a week of more days after i downgrade the firmware to .564 all issue gone. U too do the process

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/43888

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

Check out if this solution works for your guys cos it did for me

Install the application Juice Defender from google play (purchasing the ultimate version will give you all the additional features, which really are awesome and is a good idea (especially due to the battery drain Android phones are known for).

Open it and set each item as per your requirement.

Some options should be done as follows:

In Controls

Ensure Autosync mode is on Ping 

Keep Enabled mode should not be selected

In Schedules

Enable periodic connectivity

In Triggers

Enable Screen option and Traffic option

What this does is as soon as the screen goes off, it disables wifi/data connectivity (though sync option will continue to check your mails periodically) and then there is no signal drop.  When you put the screen on, it will connect to wifi/data as per their availibility.

Do let me know how it goes.

All the Best

Manoj

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

But what about warranty, as my phone is hardly 1 month old.

Is there any plan from Sony to resolve this issue by new firmware

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

Hi Bhavyesh,

I was facing similar issue since the day I purchased this phone. The shopkeeper advised me to change the Sim Card. I had a sim card with bigger golden micro chip. I went to my service provider and exchanged the sim having smaller chip. Please note that sim card size is same in both case. Its just the golden colored chip size on sim card which matters.

Highlighted
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

Even I am facing this same issue with my phone. I feel sad about ditching my operator and now with MNP when I got another operator the problem persisted and on investigation I got to know that this problem is due to this firmware update B.3.172.

One of those suggested resolutions is, restart your phone and disable any backgroud data and keep it off if you want to place calls. This should save from loss of Network issue.

Sony please help us regarding this problem on priority. A phone should atleast be able to place and receive calls.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

yes Nitin I am also facing the same problem dude

contact me - 9823577085         

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

Today I have updated my phone with 6.0.B.3.184

Let's see how it works now..............

One time poster
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

Hi,

I am on B.1.564 and is throwing same problem can anyone tell me how 6.0.B.3.184 is working