account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia U: Wi-Fi Error please help!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia U: Wi-Fi Error please help!

Hi all,

I just bought an Xperia U yesterday.

But for some reason I just CANT turn on Wi-Fi it always gives me an "Error" when I try to turn it on

and not further information about the error.

I have:

Sony Xperia U (ST25i)

Android version: 2.3.7

Build number: 6.0.B.1.564

If I try to do an update or something else through Sony PC companion or Update Service it says that everything is up to date.

Please help me!!!

Thanks

Regards.

5 REPLIES 5
Oracle
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xperia U: Wi-Fi Error please help!

Sorry to hear this. I suggest you try to repair the software (not the same as update).

In PC Companion, click on Support Zone > Start > Repair the phone software.

This will re-install the latest software which hopefully should fix your question.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

No this doesn't helped to fix the problem.

Went to shop and got it replaced. I guess it was hardware issue on the phone itself.

Thanks for replay.

One time poster
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I have also an Xperia U. I have a  similar same firmware also. (6.0.B.1.576) My problem is also the same. Tried to reinstall it several times (repair in Sony PC Companion) but nothing happened.

If I restart the phone and try to enable wifi i get the same error on enable. If i watch the wifi settings then i can see that it has no mac address. I am having wifi problems since updating to this firmware.

Plz Sony make us a new firmware with new wifi driver or roll out ICS but its kind of lame to have a smarthpone with buggy wifi.

I wanted to bring it back to the vendor for a replace but then my wifi started to work. It worked for 2 days perfectly and then i got the same error again. Watched in logcat app whats the problem and it says cant load wifi driver. For me it sounds like a firmware problem because if it would be a hardware it wouldnt work perfectly for almost 48 hours.

Visitor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

bro i have same problem if u got any solution than help me....

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

hiii..please help me bcz same problem in my phone xperia u st25i so tell me how to solve wifi error plzzzzz plzzzzzz plzzzzzzzzz 

thanku Slightly smiling Face