account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Transfer Mobile Stuck At 23.18GB IPad to Xperia

Apprentice
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Xperia Transfer Mobile Stuck At 23.18GB IPad to Xperia

I downloaded the Xperia Transfer Mobile app on my XperiaZ4 to transfer over my IPad Air 2 128gb using a Sony transfer cable. During the 'Preparing The Data' step it got stuck on 23.18 GB and was like that for over a half hour before I cancelled it.

The IPad Air 2 has 113GB worth of data on it. I inserted a 128GB micro SD card in the Xperia - I didn't format it. 

I followed all the steps.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong ? 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Xperia Transfer Mobile Stuck At 23.18GB IPad to Xperia

@DroidBillH

That's an insane amount of data, it will take a LOT of time, are you using WiFi or the cable? it'll be easier to transfer all the pictures and videos to a computer then to the SD card directly. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Does it even transfer to the sd card?
23.8gb sounds a lot like the usable internal memory size.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi @DroidBillH,

As far as I am aware, the data will be stored directly on the internal storage and not the SD card when using Xperia Transfer. If you have 113GB of data from your iPad, then that would explain why the transfer stalled. I agree with @viridis suspicion regarding that.

My recommendation is that you use a computer as a medium for transferring your media files from your iPad to the SD card, are you able to try that? Temporarily store the data on your computer from your iPad, then move the data to your SD card.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

So not even use the Xperia transfer utility - correct ?

I've seen a couple that use a PC and will try one of those.
Apprentice
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I used the cable and not WiFi
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Right, don't use Xperia Transfer for this but simply transfer the files to your computer -> Straight to the SD card of your Z4 Tablet. Did that work? Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.