account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Tablet Z 4.3 Update Bugs

Visitor
Message 101 of 125
Message 101 of 125

Re: Xperia Tablet Z 4.3 Update Bugs

Bluetooth headphone kills wifi.
Adept
Message 102 of 125
Message 102 of 125

Calendar app crashes every time you:-

1) Tick or untick to select/deselect device or Google calendar

2) Select Refresh option from menu button

Is it just me, or is everyone else having this issue?

Learner
Message 103 of 125
Message 103 of 125

Yes calendar issues happens to me also. I HOPE these errors will be fixed on 4.4, if any.
Highlighted
Adept
Message 104 of 125
Message 104 of 125

Lack of feedback from Sony is very disappointing.

Not as disappointing as the number of fairly fundamental and obvious bugs in the 4.3 update.

Some other vendors respond to forum posts on their own forums by acknowledging that they have replicated a reported  issue and are working on it.

They also publish lists of bugs they have fixed and tested and will include in the next update.

When I reported some of my issues by phone or chat to Sony support, they were unaware of bugs that had already been reported by others.

This suggests they don't monitor the forum.

How many responses from Sony has anyone spotted on this forum?

There was however a post from a moderator telling someone off for using abusive language!

Learner
Message 105 of 125
Message 105 of 125

They don't even care
Visitor
Message 106 of 125
Message 106 of 125

Guys, I did a second update using the update service SW, and the screen flicker is almost gone. I say almost because it's still there, but happens much less. However, the wifi - bluetooth issue is still there, and they bad battery life is still there too. I am saying bad battery life meaning compared to previous versions of the os on the same tablet.
Visitor
Message 107 of 125
Message 107 of 125

I purchased my tab z after a long wait and much research.  Unboxed and installed OTA 4.3 update over dinner.  Sat down to use tab, installed favorite apps.  Noticed *flicker* immediatley with Firefox synced browser and swiftkey keyboard. 

Uninstalled Swiftkey.  Flicker persisted with Sony keyboard and both Google browser and Firefox.

Started to work on Amazon return when I decided to search for the *flicker*

Is everyone experiencing this or just some?  If it is a hit or miss thing, I will proceed with return...

I have not experienced bluetooth/ wifi issues.  No problem streaming from my NAS to UE boombox

Adept
Message 108 of 125
Message 108 of 125

4.1 and 4.2 on mine and were working perfectly without any flicker. But 4.3 did. This is a software issue. Hopefully this will get fixed in the next update which is rolled out for some users already since Feb 7th. Its a renewed 4.3 and a bug fixer (bug adder, according to Sony). If I was u I'd return it and get galaxy note 10.1 2014 immediately.
Visitor
Message 109 of 125
Message 109 of 125

Well, I x
Visitor
Message 110 of 125
Message 110 of 125

*grmbl...as you can see from my previous, broken post it's even worse now......I've received the second 4.3 update today = 10.4.1.B.0.101 and the flickering has become even more annoying than before...the keyboard flickers all the time, disappears and reappears...what caused me to incidentally hit the post button in my previous post.