Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2014-03-22 01:09 AM
I get the prompt I have a new update available, on the phone and on the BFM software. I go to update and after a minute or two of "initializing" I get an error message: Update failed! There was an issue with the update engine. Reason: Timed out waiting for engine to start.
I am currently with 9.1.A.0.492 and trying to update to 9.2.A.0.295. My carrier is Vidéotron
Thanks for the help!
2014-03-22 03:26 AM
Restart your mac > run Bridge > keep an eye on a pop up message
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)
2014-03-29 11:02 PM - edited 2014-03-29 11:02 PM
My Bridge version is 3.7.1 (3710)
I did what uliwooly suggested and the only pop-up I got was the prompt to update, with the same error message after a few minutes of initializing
Thanks in advance for your help!
2014-03-30 08:23 PM
Ok, thank you for the information.
Since you have the newest version, could you please send me error logs so we can investigate your problem?
Here’s how to get error logs from Sony Bridge for Mac:
1. In BfM, hold the "alt" key down while selecting the "Phone" menu. Select "Clear logs" to remove all old logs and get a clean start
2. Reproduce the problem you're having, whether it's connecting the phone, importing photos, doing backup...
3. In BfM, hold the "alt" key down while selecting the "Phone" menu. Select "Export logs"
4. On the computers desktop there should now be a file named "SonyBridgeForMacLogs_[date].zip
5. PM that file to me or post the contents here