account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia T issues

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia T issues

Hello everyone,

I'm using Xperia T for about two weeks and I can tell there are several issues:

• battery life: drains quite fast
  • auto brightness adjustments even with ambient sensor off (with low brightness setting)
  • phone overheating: try run some app or game for some time and phone become uncomfortably warm / hot
  • speaker is not loud enough: you will not hear phone ringing on moderately busy street
  • camera is really bad: 13M camera is making much worse photos than my 2 year old phone
  • screen works like dust magnet

Minor issues:

• only quick shorcut on lock screen is camera even when there is hardware button for that
  • camera start is sloooow
  • photos and videos widget is not configurable: simply displaying everything inside phone (not just camera photos for example)
  • can't configure switches inside notification area, can't turn them off
  • contact photos from Facebook are really low quality, if contact is linked with Facebook I can't choose different photo for contact
  • Sony Facebook Sync can't be logged withoud logged main Facebook app
  • there should be option to not display some messages again: especially turning on mobile data (with warning about possible costs) or unplugging charger (save energy) can drive user crazy

This is first phone in my life (and there was plenty phones before) that I am going to return if there will not be any major update that will solve most of these issues. This is Sony mobile flag ship and far not cheap phone - why user can't get tuned phone without issues?

Question is obvious: is Sony going to fix these issues or should I return the phone and future Xperia T buyers change their minds and choose other phone manufacturer over Sony?

5 REPLIES 5
One time poster
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xperia T issues

If you're on time, return the phone and get your money back.

Most of the issues are on other Xperia phones (older ones), and are still not fixed, and probably, they'll never be fixed.

I had the same "faith" as you. After 3 updates, all is moreless the same.

From my side, the camera is very important, and it's still the same sh*t that it was when I bought it.

Be smart, take this cr*p back and go for a seious company phone.

By the way, congratulations for the list that you made, I agree 100% with you... you can see here that, almost five days after, noone from Sony Support answered to you.

100% Sony way of doing.

One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hello Sony???? anybody home????

Here is a big list of issues that is without answer from you since one week ago

is it supposed that we will get some answer or will directly ignore us, as always.

Houston, we have a lot of problems!!!!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

It is 2 weeks since my post and no one from Sony is able to reply? Seriously?

One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Ok, I suppose this is more "do it yourself" that we will help you. Anyway, at least battery issue is (moreless) solved, it was mediaserver that was draining battery, after placing .nomedia in almost all folders this issue dissapeared.

All other issues still persists.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you experience.

I have acknowledged the points you bring up and will forward them.