account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Sola screen flickering

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 11 of 34
Message 11 of 34

Re: Xperia Sola screen flickering

Yes, that's one of the reason i won't buy from other shop outside...Smiling Face with Sunglasses

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 12 of 34
Message 12 of 34

I did have the same problem with my Xperia Sola. I contacted Sony support and they suggested to do a software update. But that didn't solve the problem. Even turning of the Auto-Brigthness function didn't help as already mentioned in this thread. So I decided to send the phone back to the dealer and I already ordered a new one. Hopefully this new one will do better.

kind regards

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 13 of 34
Message 13 of 34

In my case,turning auto brightness off didn't do much good. But when turning Bravia engine off,it seems to alleviate the flicker. It does seem to flicker more when the brightness is lower. I'm a bit afraid to send it back because it will take a long time to get a replacement here, that is IF they'll replace it. I wouldn't want to get a unit with faulty gps or wireless as ive seen people complain about it around here.

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 14 of 34
Message 14 of 34

Hi Steven11,

Please check if the brightness sensor (Ambience sebsor) is working fine now. I had the same screen flicker issue and took my sola to sony service centre, they updated the firmware and the flicker issue is gone. I am happy for that but what I noticed is instead of fixing the issue, the software update disabled the brightness sensor totaly.

To confirm if brightness sensor is working fine, please check the brightness sensor in the Display section of settings.Cover the top right part of the sola where all sensors are present with thumb or any thick material, see if the display brighness lowers. If it is lowered when u cover the sensor and display turns bright after removing the covering then the sensor is working fine.

What I think is some smart alex at sony just disabled the sensor instead of fixing the issue, when sensor is not working obviously flicker effect is aleviated. Please update your findings and if you have issues we can check with Sony and demand for actual fix or you know,.... Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 15 of 34
Message 15 of 34

I don't have the flickering problem after Sony Centre exchange a new unit for me, so the replacement unit is good so far and brightness sensor is work well too Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 16 of 34
Message 16 of 34

hi vinod u said that after update flickering is gone, so plz tell me the firmware build NUMBER after update? urgent waiting for ur reply,i wnt to change mine too mine is     6.0.B.1.564

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 17 of 34
Message 17 of 34

I had the same flickering problem. Fixed (barely visible sometimes) after update to 6.0.B.3.162...

But with this update (or some hardware issue) I can't make calls when phone gets heated up... Speakers start malfunctioning.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 18 of 34
Message 18 of 34

Yes, the latest firmware update got a lot of problems, so i stick to the current version and it's work well, so far.

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 19 of 34
Message 19 of 34

what were the problems with new update and whats your build num which was working fine? plz reply me

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 20 of 34
Message 20 of 34

hi steven, what was the build number u r having now?