account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Sola screen flickering

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 34
Message 1 of 34

Xperia Sola screen flickering

My Sola's screen is flickering whenever screen display white in behind, example during browsing or reading, you can try the steps below see your Sola having the same problem or not:

1. Go to normal browser and at google page
  2. Check whether you can see flickering/white screen behind GOOGLE is keep changing contrast
  3. Try Auto Brightness Off/ON, in my case, on or off still flickering.

Anyone having the same problem? Any solution? or should i send back to change a new phone?

please advise, thanks!

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 34
Message 2 of 34

Re: Xperia Sola screen flickering

i think thats the light sensor from the phone.. if you set to auto brightness and your brightness level is low, you will see your screen kinda flicker.. if you notice theres there are a few small circle thing at the front of your phone. if your finger is blocking the circle thingy, the screen will adjust brightness by itself. im not sure if this is your problem but hope it helps. try not to set your phone to auto brightness

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 3 of 34
Message 3 of 34

Yes, i believe it's related to the sensor, but even i turned the Auto-Brightness off, the flickering still occur.Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 34
Message 4 of 34

Hav u tried tirning auto brightness off amd set the brightness higher? If not try repair ur device using pc companion. Backup ur stuff 1st.. This reminds me of my mini pro, same thing happen with the screen flikering.. And the capicitive button started flicker as well

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 34
Message 5 of 34

I turned off Auto-Brightness and set the brightness to max, still flickering occur. So i decide to bring back to the shop and change a new one....

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 34
Message 6 of 34

so you got yourselve a new sola? by d way, do u experience any laggyness whn u charge your phone while using it? example difficulty in swiping through home screen?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 7 of 34
Message 7 of 34

not yet, waiting the new stock arrive, hopefully won't have the same problem Slightly smiling Face

laggyness? nops, it's run smooth as silk Dizzy Face, i'm very satisfied with the phone except the flickering screen, nice phone with this price.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 34
Message 8 of 34

ic good luck to you man, i bet its allrite. because mine has got no prob with flickering screen but with charging+not so smooth prob..Grinning Face

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 34
Message 9 of 34

Status Update: I manage to get my Sola replacement unit in Black, no more flickering problem (so far Winking Face ) and love it very much! Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 34
Message 10 of 34

wow ur lucky.. i brought back to the shop and she told me to bring to sony centre.. u bought yours at sony centre?