account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Sola had in-call volume too small

One time poster
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: Xperia Sola had in-call volume too small

In my case, the volume is also a bit too low for crowded enviroments. In the street i have problems hearing the other person.

And when there is enough silence, the sound is a bit muffled, like it lacks the high frequencies in the voice.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

sony must fix this issue as soon as possible because  if they can't solve it they are going to lose  too many dissatisfied customers all over the world .

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

the call volume sucks i am a dissatisfied customer. Maybe sony support team take this issue and pass it to the development team and tell us if they have solution for this

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

I sent query to Sony Xperia UK Customer Services about this issue, they've replied with answer:

"It is unfortunately not possible to increase the volume on the handset other than with the volume keys on the sides of the phone. The audio level does legally need to be capped so as to minimise the risk of hearing damage, and for this reason the sound cannot be increased any further."

My wife has got iphone 4 and volume level is higher then in my sola, so law restriction excuse sounds unbelievable. My previous samsung was louder then sony, I really can take care about myself and would like to set loudnes as much as I want...

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

exactly i agree .if this an official answer then i will try to sell it and buy some think else. Also samsung respects the money that customers give for her products and  that's why leads the competition.

One time poster
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

So basicly...i've just bought and expensive pda with the added bonus i can hear what the other person is saying only at night when there is quiet ? I think a good option for them is to put a warning and make me agree that i want to increase the volume above the limit they say it's "legal".

Isn't there a way to alter the OS or the module responsible for volume ? If they managed to put that limit , there must be a way to bypass it or increase the limit

Visitor
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

I have also that bug.

But I found a other bug.

When I calling tith Skype Volume is higher, but shuttering and scrathing...

One time poster
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

Did any one get any solution for this issue?, if any, pls let me know..

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

Hi, i just bought a Xperia Sola, and also i am a dissatisfied customer, very dissatisfied Crying Face. I can't hear the other person when i call. The call volume is very very low, i cant only hear when is quiet. I wonder,  If i can't use my cell phone to call, what's the purpose? Sony please...