account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Sola - All issues after ICS update!

One time poster
Message 21 of 25
Message 21 of 25

Re: Xperia Sola - All issues after ICS update!

I`m disappointed too. I had 3 Samsung phones before and they performed very well. Then i wanted new one. Got 5 phones in comparison, read reviews and i picked Sola. Then i went deeper into forums and all hell broke loose. First thing no Jelly, then ICS update screwed the phone performance, then i saw, that no support in next months. This thing is normal for some small and new business, but Sony... 

But i wont give up. Hardware in this phone is good and i like the design. I just flash my sola with unofficial JB, when it`s been tested a little bit more and i can live without floating touch. But next time, Sony is not in the list.

One time poster
Message 22 of 25
Message 22 of 25

had the same problems

downgraded it back to gingerbread....

One time poster
Message 23 of 25
Message 23 of 25

yu can downgrade it with the process given in the link below

http://www.shaykapow.co.uk/?p=85

One time poster
Message 24 of 25
Message 24 of 25

Here is the tips for xperia sola smooth working .

1.If u running xperia sola ics and u having problem with smooth performance then try factory reset or go to developer option and limit background process at least 1 u alway ger free Ram upto 100 .

2.If u want increase your xperia sola Ram then root it try ram expander software and increase Ram upto 1gb then swithch your phone to official version of sony GB or ICS your swap Ram not delete and you get 1gb Ram also ,pls do not factory reset,

this trick working in my sola .

THANKYOU

Apprentice
Message 25 of 25
Message 25 of 25

hi everybody,

here another bug or problem since i updated to ICS : slow down general performance when you have a microsdcard with huge quantity of media (64 GB mp3 in my case).

There is a application (sill in 1.0 release) which take many resources to scan always the sdcard contents and this thing slows down all the user experience of the phone! that is ProtectedMediaScannerTrigger.

When i was in 2.3, my 64gb card of music did not cause any problem ,and now in 4.x, it is a problem.

When i get out my sdcard, the xperia came finaly very quick, flawless, speed like a rabbit. When i put it my 64 gb memory card, then the xperia came slow again.....

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-sola/how-to-get-back-to-android-2-3-and-forget-4-0-4/td-p/10100...