account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Sola - All issues after ICS update!

One time poster
Message 11 of 25
Message 11 of 25

Re: Xperia Sola - All issues after ICS update!

@ zakk87, not really. What if..................JB slows down the sola even further?

I just want a downgrade button! I will make my peace with 2.3 version!

Visitor
Message 12 of 25
Message 12 of 25

It wont. Look at specification of Nexus (the same like Arc or Arc S - same SOC, same amount of RAM), and take a look at Xperia J (MSM7227A, Adreno 200, 512RAM - old chip with ARMv7 instruction - officially Sony will update it to JB). Sony is playing with us.

We have U8500 Dual Core with Mali-400MP(single core) GPU (compared to Adreno 205-used in xperias 2011) It's a great spec for 2012 year. I think 6.1.1.b.1.10 is a first ICS release, we must give time to Sony to convince us to stay with this company.

All Xperias 2012, all Xperias 2011 and Xperia X10 can handle Jelly Bean...

One time poster
Message 13 of 25
Message 13 of 25

I am quite happy. There are some issues, but so there were issues in GB as well. ICS runs smooth on my Sola and everything looks better than on GB. And I believe that there are many happy Sola ICS users who don't even know about the existence of this forum.

One time poster
Message 14 of 25
Message 14 of 25

in the beginning the when we upgraded the phone to ICS battery life was improved, but after some days, it is dying like anything, used phone in power saver mode also but still the condition is same...

One time poster
Message 15 of 25
Message 15 of 25

why dont you give a small update that fixes all these problem

especially the poor battery and slowness.

and on top of it u are saying users to downgrade their phone, WTF.....

One time poster
Message 16 of 25
Message 16 of 25

I loved my new phone for about a week and a half then PC companion gave me the option to upgrade to ICS (Build 6.1.1.B.1.10)

BIG mistake, I'm experiencing all the symptoms mentioned on the first post. It's so slow now, and a bunch of popular apps (latest versions) are working terribly now. (Already tried the factory reset and all of that)

***SONY please provide a new ICS update or give us a simple way to go back!!****

You are loosing customers here, I bought this on Amazon and already posted a review, please give us something good so I can edit it.

I had recommended this phone to a friend, I just messaged him saying to only buy it if he can live with not upgrading to ICS

One time poster
Message 17 of 25
Message 17 of 25

really,

i've been using sola since four months. gingerbread worked just fine and i was so happy with my phone. but just when i got ICS, things just got sored up.....the phone has become terribly slow and i m highly disappointed cause inspite of so many options i opted by trusting sony.....i feel jealous of friends having a low end phone with mediocre specs enjoying a smoth ICS experience......do something fast sony....or else it will be downfall of ur image.Angry Face

One time poster
Message 18 of 25
Message 18 of 25

Well, any hopes for any kind of update or to Jelly Bean HOPING it would be back to 'normal' operating speed?

One time poster
Message 19 of 25
Message 19 of 25

i have been waiting for the update or fixes for the ICS upadate which in released 8 months back......the phone is ultimately waste with the ICS update.........its irrates like anything ro use it.........Are u guys hearing us.......relase the fix soon..........

One time poster
Message 20 of 25
Message 20 of 25

I respect you patience. As far as I am concerned this is too much for me. Last week I finally got a new phone (no, not from Sony this time) and I'll sell my Sola. The way how Sony treats Sola users is unacceptable.