account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia SP will not stop restarting; start up sequence (Sony, Xperia, neon lines) runs in a loop.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Xperia SP will not stop restarting; start up sequence (Sony, Xperia, neon lines) runs in a loop.

For the past few weeks, my phone had been acting strange. The camera stopped working one day, apps would close and replace themselves with new ones, I wouldn't be able to change the volume for music, and my key board would stop working and I would have to reatsrt the app every time I wanted to write out more then a word. 

Today has beent he climax for this phone's problems. After having it in safe mode for the past three days, I downloaded a new theme. After switching to the theme, the background never showed. I turned the phone off and on again, to see if it would work. Nope. Instead, the phone turned off. It went through the regular sequence of diplaying Sony, tXperia, and then those multi coloured lines. It freezes while showing the lines, the screen fades to black, and Sony appears again. It had been happening for the past hour, non stop.

Please help me.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Xperia SP will not stop restarting; start up sequence (Sony, Xperia, neon lines) runs in a loop.

You have to perform a software repair using PC companion.You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 60% battery.

Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device).

Open PC companion->support zone->phone/tablet software update->repair my phone/tablet blue highlighted.Follow the steps given,do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Re: Xperia SP will not stop restarting; start up sequence (Sony, Xperia, neon lines) runs in a loop.

Thanks for the tip! The problem is that my computer is not recognizing my phone when it's plugged in, probably becasue it's restarting. Any help for that? 

Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Remove the SIM.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

I followed your previous steps (open PC companion, go to system update/repair, take out SIM, etc) and it's still just going through the beginning sequence everytime I try to plug it for the update. On PC Companion it tells me to press and hold the volume down while plugging the phone into the computer, but it just starts the whole Sony/Xperia/Xperia coloured lines sequence again. It's still not being recognized by my laptop. 

Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

In this case,have you tried the back button on the SP?

Rookie
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Yes, and it just started the whole Sony, Xperia, etcetcetc sequence again. 

Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

You should get the phone to the closest sony service:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/