account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia SP issues with SD card

Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Xperia SP issues with SD card

My new up to date SP seems unable to automatically use the SD card. I was using rdio on my Samsung Galaxy S running Android 2.3. It automatically synched my music to the SD card. This phone cannot. I cannot even manually move an app from internal memory to the card. WHY? Software or firmware problem?
2 REPLIES 2
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Xperia SP issues with SD card

"I cannot even manually move an app from internal memory to the card. WHY?!

It's "feature" of Android 4.1 and newer, not fault of Sony.

But is possibility to move apps to card, slightly modify Android and enable this option back. For example, Samsung allow this on some its models... And I think that Xperia Z obtained this option with some of the latest update.

Hope this will soon on Xperia SP too...

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Xperia SP issues with SD card

Thanks for the response.

I find it surprising that Google would implement a regressive feature in a later update of Android. Does this suggest that any devices running Android 4.1 and later automatically save all apps to internal memory? 

When is the Sony fix for the Xperia SP coming?