account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia SP hard BRICKED

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia SP hard BRICKED

Hi!

I have an xperia sp, and it was buggi and slow so i wanted to install cm12. After a succesfull installian the phone never booted again, so i reinstalled the custom sony rom. Something went wrong during reinstalling, and it cancelled. Now the phone is stuck in a bootloop. Keep flashing the sony logo, than reboot. I think it's hardly bricked because:

-The phone is in bootloop.
-I cannot access recovery mode, because the rom reinstalling i lost my root privilege.
-Sony pc companion does not recognize my phone.
-When i try to flash the stock kernel on the phone, with flashtool (phone connected in flash mode), the phone always disconnects at Dumping TA partition 2.

-Cannot connect the phone in fastboot mode.

-No software recognize my phone, just flashtool.

-ADB drivers didn"t work.

I tried everithing on win10, win7 and ubuntu 14.04 that i coud find on the internet.

Should i throw it down from a cliff, of you guys have any idea?

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xperia SP hard BRICKED

@menyus

What if you use flashtool?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Flashtool only works in flash mode, because i cannot connect the phone in fast boot mode (not works). And the kernel flashing always abort at the same point, and the phone disconnects.

Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@menyus

Sorry to hear that, you might have to start a thread at the XDA Forum.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Sorry for this useless post but thought I'd mention that the Xperia sp is advertised by Sony as impossible to brick, you'll find that in writing, so you could possibly get it repaired free of charge if it's out of warranty and it is bricked, you'll need to quote the document number etc n see wot Sony have to say. Good luck
Emperor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@Tee6

I don't understand, could you post the source link of that information?

@Tee6 wrote:
... I'd mention that the Xperia sp is advertised by Sony as impossible to brick, you'll find that in writing,...