account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia SP - downgrade version

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Xperia SP - downgrade version

Hi,

Please tell me how could i downgrade andriod version. i'm using latest version of andriod 4.3. Its taking too much memory. OS only occupying more than 600MBCrying FaceZipper-mouth Face.  When i restarted my phone also OS is taking more than 600MB. I want to downgrade andriod OS. Please explain how to do it.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Xperia SP - downgrade version

I want use default andriod OS when i was bought this phone. I think Android version 4.1.2 and build # 12.0.A.2.254. Please help guys....  how to downgrade.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I have had similar issues on 4.3 but there should be a bug fix on the way soon if your willing to wait. If not then use the following thread to downgrade.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/How-to-manually-update-downgrade-root-2013-Xperias/td-p...
Smartphones:

Xperia X10 mini pro, Xperia X8, Xperia Live with Walkman, Xperia L & Xperia SP
Apprentice
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

What specific problems are you experiencing as a result of this lack of memory?

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

There is no specific problem. it's taking too much for the andriod os. phone camera got crashed and some many other issuesSlightly frowning Face. better im prefer go with andriod 4.1.2.

Commissioner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi

I agree, free memory is a lot lower on 4.3, I have a rooted device and I've removed bloatware but still only get about 300mb free RAM on clean boot whilst on 4.1.2 I got about 450mb free RAM. Although imo the camera is a lot better on 4.3.

To downgrade follow the guide I posted previously or alternatively wait for a bug fix, info here.

Smartphones:

Xperia X10 mini pro, Xperia X8, Xperia Live with Walkman, Xperia L & Xperia SP
Adviser
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I would suggest you to downgrade if you really don't rely on Wi-Fi cause it will give more frustration in 4.1