account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia SP Battery Drain

Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Xperia SP Battery Drain

Some time my battery perform well (1 percent drain for 6-7 hours), but some times it drains 2 percent for one hour. I haven't activted any battery saving moods, also GPS,Data,NFC,WI-Fi,Blue tooth not activated. I haven't installed any new apps to my phone. Can some one help me with this issue. I tried all options posted in forum. My phone stay in stand by mode most of the time and I'm very uncomfortable with the battery drain in stand by mode.

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Xperia SP Battery Drain

1% in 6 or 7 hours? that's not bad at all, keep in mind that network coverage has a big impact on battery life. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

look for Snapdragon Battery Guru on the play store. its made for any phone that uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.  I now get 4 days of battery life with normal use.

One time poster
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

urs is much better, after 254 frimware my battery drains by 1%/7 min and android os alone uses 60% what should i do

Learner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-SP/Battery-drain-after-the-latest-update/m-p/371667

I had asked the same question,

this fix worked for me.

if you can , then factory restore the phone , or Settings-> apps-> reset app preferences. [I suggest to factory restore]

once you do it , and add your gmail account, you will see that facebook and maps update are available in the playstore.

facbook.katana is wakelock that eats battery, dont update FB app. keep the firmware default version.

in the apps, find google play services, uninstall all the updates,dont update it. [ another factor where google services wakelock eats battery ].

lastly I have disable maps completely, because i dont use it. but if you are using it , then dont use the latest updates. Only use the firmware default version.

you might want to disable apps you are not using. turn the autosync off, and location reporting off, in the fb go to app settings, and refresh rate set it to manual.[ even if we set it , fb app is crap that keep sending wakelocks in the background, but to be on the safer side , set it to manual.]

you will see the difference in 1 or 2 days.

Learner
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

by the way i am using latest update.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Does stamina mode in batt management help???
Highlighted
Learner
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Yes, it does help , try it. note that it will disable the data connection when the screen is off,