account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia S v\s Other Phones..!!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 71 of 121
Message 71 of 121

Re: Xperia S v\s Other Phones..!!

you are right about them not implementing the full features of the stand alone camera but I think it was a matter of lens in this review. My opinion is that N8 had the best pics after the stand alone camera. Then comes the S. I had the N8 for a couple of weeks and the pics were stunning! Even in low light conditions.

Emperor
Message 72 of 121
Message 72 of 121

it seems that sony its going for the minimalist approach, and not in a good way

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 73 of 121
Message 73 of 121

For those of us having the original arc, similar phones having same processor are the HTC Desire HD and HTC Desire S but both of them have 768 MB of RAM!!

Both these phones have 720p only. Looks like a HW issue. But at least they have 256M more RAM, although arc has bigger battery.

I don't know about the compression issue.

Visitor
Message 74 of 121
Message 74 of 121

Minimalistic approach would be great if they have a great design like the arc, not an ubiquituous slab design. and that too the back is a blunt curvy shape which is so weird.

I am fine with the micro SIM, but the non removable battery and no SD card does it for me.

I am fine having a dual core with 1 GB RAM if my phone is a slim lightweight, sleek and gorgeous arc makeover. but this new slab is not something I would want.

Visitor
Message 75 of 121
Message 75 of 121

I hate the xperia s from this profile.

XperiaU_12.jpg

Master
Message 76 of 121
Message 76 of 121

why are they comparing xperia s photo qualities with old phones...

lets wait for other manufacturers to bring in their 2012 phones and then only we'll see where xperia s stands..

Emperor
Message 77 of 121
Message 77 of 121

I think its fair to compare the iCrap 4S with the S and the N8 well thats one of the best camera phones (just the camera part not the rest Dizzy Face )

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 78 of 121
Message 78 of 121

Looks like the LG 4X HD is having some battery problems already...

Scary, the S with the LED backlit LCD at 720 p surely will get drained pretty fast too. This is ARM A9 supposed to be good for power consumption.

Now I actually think that Samsung with their 32 nm 4412 Quad might be able to do better but lets see. Can't wait for the devices to start shipping and for some reviews to come in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXvKWZxG5PY

Master
Message 79 of 121
Message 79 of 121

but icrap 4s and n8 are too old.. i don't think its fair ,

just wait for other manufactures to launch their phones and then we'll see..

Emperor
Message 80 of 121
Message 80 of 121

the iCrap 4S is not that old, it was released less than 6months ago, the N8 its quite old and if a really old phone is still relevant then its sad for sony Dizzy Face and to be fair 2012 Xperias will have 2011 hardware Dizzy Face