account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia S can't start up

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Xperia S can't start up

I can't start up my xperia s no matter how long I click the power button and any button I could press.
When I connect to charger , the notification light did light up ( red / orange ).. But phone won't start up ... Even after whole day of charging ... Help ~ thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Xperia S can't start up

@SilenceWhisper

You could try replacing the battery and see if that helps.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I have the exact same problem!!

My phone suddenly turned off and no matter what I do it doesn't turn on. I didn't try to flash my phone or anything, it just "died" on it's own. PLS HELP!!!!

Emperor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@mth25

Connect the phone to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for 2-3 hours 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)