account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Pro Dock?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Xperia Pro Dock?

Hey guys.

I'm just wondering if there will be a dock for the Xperia Pro, or anyone knows of any details one way or the other.

I know the Xperia Play has a dock and I think a dock would be really useful for the Pro -

especially if the Xperia Pro is being aligned as a business phone, which I believe it is.

Thanks for your help.

6 REPLIES 6
One time poster
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Xperia Pro Dock?

I don' think so.Thinking Face

It is unlikely but possible. X-Pro has a USB port on the upper side of the case - it is theoretically possible to construct a dock with hinged USB plug.

Phone connection with the dock in one plane would be impractical - ie. with fixed USB plug - phone into the dock could only be push (slip).

How would the connection with the dock would look like in more or less upright position?

The idea of the dock considered here is economically justified as a relatively inexpensive. But who cares?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the response.

It'd be really handy to drop the phone in a dock when at work, and then again on a seperate dock at home each day.
To have it automatically connect up to the PC (and/or TV/Monitor) and charge from a dock would be great.

I kind of wonder why the Xperia Play would get a dock whereas the Pro wouldn't.

Also, it makes that decision between a Play and a Pro that much more difficult..!

Having to choose between docking capabilities and a QWERTY keyboard (both equally important features to me).

Tough decision indeed.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

I don't know if there will be any dock for Xperia Pro.

I'll forward your feedback on this, and let's hope it's something that hopefully will be released later for Xperia Pro. Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

AdamBoy64 wrote:

(...) It'd be really handy to drop the phone in a dock...

Hi, It is accurate remark! Slightly smiling Face
We are all accustomed to dropping the phone into the dock.
On one condition, when the phone's port is located on the bottom of the housing.

Eventually, at the side of the case as in the Xperia PLAY, for example.

By the way, totally agree with you on the dock for Xperia Pro.

Greetings to Johan - make sure that the feedback reached its target.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Many thanks Johan.

I think a dock would be a great drawcard for business users and along with the preloaded business applications would help market the product very well.

Thanks again.

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Thank you for all your help and comments.

I really appreciate it.