account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia P safe mode not working

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Xperia P safe mode not working

Hi everyone,

Yesterday, I was on my Xperia P (ICS) when some apps began to stop (Gmail, Google services...).

It made the phone instable, so I decided to restart it.

When I tried to restart it, it didn't finish the boot process: first "Sony", then "XPERIA", then "Orange" (my phone operator), then stop and restart... and again...

Today, I tried to start the phone in safe mode, but none of the several processes I read about are working: neither by tapping the menu button, neither by pressing several times the volume down button...

So, I can't enter the safe mode!

I'm really depressed... I don't know what to do to make it start, at least just to save my contacts and messages...

Any help would be useful!

Thanks a lot!

Bye!

Rachel

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Xperia P safe mode not working

@beuchleu

What if you remove both the SIM and SD cards?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Repair your phone with Sony PC Companion, but it will delete everything.
http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
Visitor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi uliwwoly,

No SD card on the Xperia P.

And without the SIM card: no more effect...

Any other idea?

Could the firmware of my phone operator prevent the safe mode?

Thanks!

Rachel

Visitor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi Phy,

I tried, but I can't connect the phone to the computer since the boot process can't succeed.

I connected the phone, and during the boot process, the computer started to locate it, but couldn't go further when the phone restarted...

Any attempt to maintain a connection between the phone and the PC aborted.

Thanks for your help!

Any other idea?

Rachel

Emperor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@beuchleu

No, if the phone doesn't boot it wont enter safe mode.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

@beuchleu

This is a long process but bare with me, it might work

connect the phone to a wall charger > let it charge until the notification LED turns green > run PCC on your computer > support zone > repair > connect the phone to the computer > press and hold power & volume up until the phone reboots > once the phone turn off > release the keys > immediately press the volume key as stated on PCC > this might work, it might require multiple attempts.