account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia P died. Battery not charging.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Xperia P died. Battery not charging.

Hi, sorry if the question is already answered, but my English is basic and write it through google translator.

My problem is that my Xperia P (LT22i) ran out of battery and shut down, and now will not start. I connect it to the charger, the red LED lights a few minutes and then turns off. But still does not start. I left it all day and nothing.

If anyone knows how to get it back, especially to rescue the photographs he had.

Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
Adviser
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Xperia P died. Battery not charging.

Hold power button with Volume up key till you get 3 vibration. then start your phone normally by pressing power button.

if it does'nt work then you need to visit service centre.

Thank You.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Thanks for responding so quickly.

I had already tried the solution that you show me, but the phone still does not respond.

Thanks anyway.

Highlighted
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

It would be worth trying a repair:

To repair the phone software
1.     Install PC Companion on a Windows PC from Support
2.     In PC Companion, under Support Zone and click Start.
3.     Under Phone Software Update, click Start.
4.     Click repair phone.
5.     Follow the on-screen instructions. 

If this does not work then I would have to advise returning the phone so that it may be assessed by an authorised agent.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Hi, I tried your suggestion of repair and the phone still does not respond. Keep completely off. I thought it possible that the battery has been discharged completely .. Thank you.

Highlighted
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Connect your phone to a wall charger,turn it on and let it charge for 30 mins.After that,you can turn it on normally.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Thanks for your suggestion, but not if it's the English translation or may not make myself clear. I connect the phone to the charger, 30 mins, 30 hours ... but it is that will not start! I'm devastated ... Crying Face

Highlighted
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Unfortunately if you have tried all of the above I can only advise that you return the phone so that it may be assessed by an authorised agent.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Condolence to you phone.
Another possible move, try another charger. Not just the cable or adaptor. Change the whole charger. If it works tell me, it's just a possible solution. Maybe your charger is broken Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

I've tried more than a different charger, but still off. Thanks for the advice.