Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2012-06-06 05:38 PM
I am having problems getting ADB to work with my Xperia P and Xperia U devices.
I have tried:
- Installing PC Companion, with the handset disconnected.
- Installing PC Companion, with the handset connected.
- Installing the May 22, 2012: "Xperia™ P, Xperia™ U, and Xperia™ sola drivers" drivers from: (http://developer.sonymobile.com/wportal/devworld/downloads/download/xperiapxperiauxperiasoladrivers) with PC Companion installed
- Installing the May 22, 2012: "Xperia™ P, Xperia™ U, and Xperia™ sola drivers" drivers from: (http://developer.sonymobile.com/wportal/devworld/downloads/download/xperiapxperiauxperiasoladrivers) with PC Companion not installed.
- Uninstalling/redetecting: Portable Devices > XPERIA P from the device manager.
- Kill/start adb server.
- Yes, USB debugging is enabled on the phone
- Windows 7 64-bit
Everytime I connect the phone internal storage mounts, but "adb devices" does not list the Xperia.
Thanks in advance,
2012-06-07 02:34 PM
A colleague of mine have no problem with ADB driver for his Xperia P on a Win7 x64 computer. Are you able to replicate this problem on another computers as well?
2012-06-18 06:28 PM
I am having the same issue with my Xperia P. It is listed in my device manager as a Portable device, no matter what I've tried I can't get it associated with the ADB Interface.
I have tried updating the drivers both with google USB that comes with the Android SDK and with the official drivers from Sony (linked in the main post), it says that it already has the latest updates.
I currently don't have PC Companion installed because when I do, the device is shown as Unidentified in Devices and Printers, thus it isn't recognized in the bottom right corner of the windows task bar as a connected unit.
I would be very grateful for any help anyone might bring. I really need my device set up so that I can try my Android application on it.
2012-06-21 01:02 PM
I am still having problems with this.
I am getting mixed results with my further testing. One machine (Win7 64bit) I have tried it on I get the same problem. However on another machine (Win7 64bit), which has previously been used for developing on an Xperia Play, ADB recognises the Xperia P and Xperia U first time, with no setup. I have tried replicating the configuration on the correctly functioning machine, but it has not worked so far.
It seems strange, I have never had this problem before with any other Android handsets.
2012-06-23 09:08 AM
I could get my Xperia P to get detected in adb by the following simple 2 steps:
1. install driver from the link you have give above from http://developer.sonymobile.com/wportal/devworld/downloads/download/xperiapxperiauxperiasoladrivers
2. Enable USB Debugging from Settings->Applications->Development
Thats all.. adb devices lists my devices. No need of PC companion software as well.
2012-07-09 12:43 PM
If your system shows a pop-up, found new hardware click on it and proceed to select this new driver file. Else, open device manager(right click My Computer->Manage->Device Manager) and select your device (note the orange warning icon for uninstalled driver). Then continue to select the new driver file.
2012-10-07 10:31 PM
I had the same problem.Try this:
2) unpack this archive and install munaly from Device Manager (read previous reply)
2012-11-20 11:30 PM
My Xperia U is not being detected either (Windows 7 x64). But here are some tweaks I did and their results. These might help.
In the device manager, only "Xperia U" shows up in "Portable Devices". There is no sign of adb interface etc. If I select Xperia U and manually update driver from the driver file, it won't let me. But if I do this..
update driver -> browse my computer for driver software -> let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
then I see two options, "MTP USB Device" and "USB Composite Device". If I select USB Composite Device and proceed, then the adb driver is installed but the MTP driver won't. So I can no longer connect my phone in MTP or USB storage mode. Even then, the adb problem is not solved. If I write adb devices in shell, I get my device but as offline, like so
If I type adb devices again, the device won't appear in even offline mode. If I kill adb server, then the device appears as offline but then again, on next attempt it disappears.