account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia M5 screen flickering

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia M5 screen flickering

Hello everybody,

I bought an Xperia M5 just a month ago, and I can't use anymore it because of the flickering screen. I noticed that when I cool it down (I use water to stop the overheating) the screen works for some minutes. I don't know what I should do to fix this problem. Please let me know if you had faced the same problem as me. Should I replace the screen or just forget about the phone ?

P.S : The Xperia M5 isn't available in my country so I did ask a friend to buy it for me from Spain, so I don't have any warranty and we don't have a Sony center in my country

Thanks in advance for your help

maxresdefault.jpg

I took this picture from the internet, it's the same problem with my phone

5 REPLIES 5
Learner
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xperia M5 screen flickering

Can anyone please help me ?

Emperor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

@Nossair

That's a hardware issue, ocntact your Local support, or in this case, you will have to send it to Spain. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

The problem is that my friend doesn't live there anymore Slightly frowning Face
I'm just wondering if replacing the lcd screen will fix the problem, I found a screen replacement on Amazon and I'm hesitating to buy it. 
Thanks for your feedback

Emperor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

@Nossair

Unlikely, it's probably the motherboard.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Then I should forget about it. Unfortunately, it'll be my last Sony phone.
Thank you very much for your help