account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia M5 Dual, SD-card, focus and app shutdown issues

Learner
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Xperia M5 Dual, SD-card, focus and app shutdown issues

Issues:

1.Camera is spinning when take photo and photo is not saving(This issue is happening when storage in SD card)

2.SD card is not working lost all data from my memory card.Tried with other mobile SD card working fine (using Sony 32 GB memory card)

3.Mobile is heating very quickly in 10~15 minutes use.

4.Touch to focus is not upto the mark,even other normal mobile is working fine compare to Sony M5.

5.Auto shutdown apps when use playstore more than 5~`10 mins.

Topic edited by Rickard

11 REPLIES 11
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Sony Xperia M5 Dual issues..Please give an update quickly or tell me any workaround for this...

Do you experience the same on safe mode?

How to boot on safe mode
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

How to boot on safe mode on Lolipop
1. press and hold the power key
2. once you get the pop up menu 
3. press and hold "power off" 
4. Boot on safe mode should become available

Emperor
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Re: Sony Xperia M5 Dual issues..Please give an update quickly or tell me any workaround for this...

Do you experience the same with other SD cards? How about with the internal storage?

Elaborate more on 4

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

1.Even all issues are happening in safe mode also.

2.I have not tried on other SD card but i tried with other mobile Sony Xperia SP and tested memory card using h2testw and results are passed. I am sure SD card is not a problem.

3.Touch to focus is working in Sony M5, Compare to Microsoft Lumia 640XL (13MP) ,Sony Xperia M5(21MP) is not focusing more on that particular focus point. Difference is more if compare.

Learner
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Please tell me quick solution atleast for SD card...I am not able to copy any data ,if copy also later data got deleted or corrupted...

Emperor
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

@Chandru089 @Chandru89 could you record a video of this issues > upload it to youtube > post the link?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

I presume that Chandru89 and Chandru089 are the same person... You guys are just sick!

Considering your problem: if your problem persists even in safe mode, then the next step is to use Sony PC Companion and repair the system (I'm sure that even a stupid girl could do that).

In case that doesn't help either, well, dude – my congratulations to you: you're a very 'lucky' user of a faulty phone! And I'm sure you know what to do in the case!

Learner
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQQaVNsPmIs

Atleast please give now solution to me 

Uploaded by Chandru Elanchezian on 2016-01-15.
Emperor
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

@Chandru89 @Chandru089

At least to you? but you are two are the same user.

Emperor
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

@Chandru89 @Chandru089

What I can see is that the the videos are on an SD card, which means you should test a different SD card, which class is the SD card? 

I see that you are using clean master, which you shouldn't, same goes with taskillers, cache apps, etc.