account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia M4 aqua headphone volume

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Xperia M4 aqua headphone volume

Hi I recently bought an xperia M4 aqua and when I'm listening to my music on my headphones it will start out loud and the go really quiet and I know it cannot be my handset as this is the second one I've had its been the same on both, I've tried enabling and disabling clear audio I've tried opening Walkman and turning the volume up through there and I've tries looking in my audio settings as well, also when I receive a call and then hang out the music will start loud and then goes back to quite after a few seconds, is there any solution for this as it's really annoying.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Xperia M4 aqua headphone volume

Check if you experience the same thing in safe mode.

How to boot on safe mode.
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008
Genius
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Xperia M4 aqua headphone volume

Hi @Jcelnik

I suggest you to first run a backup of the device information: How to backup?

Then perform a system repair using PC Companion. This will factory reset your phone and erase all data. You might need to
charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery. Make sure the device is not connected
to computer or laptop and turned off (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3
times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device). Start PC
Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen
instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the
repair or reformat process. If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC
Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP.

I hope can be useful.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas