account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia M2 keep turning off.

Rookie
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Xperia M2 keep turning off.

I just got this phone and charged it to full. But now it keep turning off by itself and it's very annoying that I have to force it to on again by pressing the power button and the volume up button every time. Is this normal with M2 phones. My previous Lenova phone had no such issues at all. Very dissappointed has I have to keep checking to see if the phone is off or not.

Any SOLUTION TO THIS???

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Xperia M2 keep turning off.

If you remove the SIM,does the same occur?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Yes tried that but still the same. It's like the phone has a mind of its own, just turns off whenever it likes.

Really mad Angry Face

Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Download SUS and perform a software repair:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Done that too no change. Phone still keeps turn off when ever it likes. Really frustrating, never had this problems with any of my old phone like Lenova and Samsung.

Xperia care is just a joke with no help what so ever.

Makes me think, I made a wrong choice changing to Sony Xperia M2.

Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

I am sorry but I can't help you further.

Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Try formating ur phone's internal storage and.. Reset it.. It should work.. I used to have xperia j I had. Same. Problems but after reseting it... It turned out good..
One time poster
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

I'm suffering from same problem. I tried everything, formatted internal memory, reinstalled software. But still not able to fix it. Please help..

Apprentice
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

you can flash. ftf file via flashtool
Genius
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Hi @vinu_4

First I suggest doing a backup of your device information: How to backup?

Then try to repair your device using PC Companion.

Also you can take a look at: 

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/03/17/guide-to-installing-xperia-lollipop-using-xperifirm-and-flashto...

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas