account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia M2 Camera Blurry, No Details (sample images inside)...

Visitor
Message 11 of 65
Message 11 of 65

Re: Xperia M2 Camera Blurry, No Details (sample images inside)...

Hii guyzzz,spending huge amount on M2 its better to refer other brand like htc,i brought xperia M2. dual few weeks ago and now its a headache for me picture is blur camera is not responding good,lens problem,phon started hanging aft a month,phon is heating badly,charger is not working,noise problem,can't hear other person voice clearly vry much disappointed, my complete family is using sony this is first tym i am facing this problem how can i come out of this problem
Adviser
Message 12 of 65
Message 12 of 65

Re: Xperia M2 Camera Blurry, No Details...

Hello,

I had the same problem when I bought the phone running jelly bean 4.3, tried a factory reset, but it didn't help. Yesterday I got the new kit kat 4.4.2, build number 18.3.C.0.37, tried the camera and believe it or not all the problems were fixed. The images are now very clear as they should be. If you don't have the latest version wait for it and then see if it helps.

One time poster
Message 13 of 65
Message 13 of 65

I don't think it's a problem with the actual camera because good quality pictures sent from my z2 show up in awful quality on my m2
One time poster
Message 14 of 65
Message 14 of 65

the same problem but were can we get some answers?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 15 of 65
Message 15 of 65

I am having similar problems with my M2 - initially the images were not great quality - certainly not for an 8Mpx sensor but they were acceptable for everyday snaps and social networking etc. Coming from a 12Mpx phone with an amazing sensor, I accepted that disapointment for some of the other features this phone has. I accepted that from reviews the 8Mpx was gonna be as good as a 5Mpx at the very least. But it didn't stay that way for long.

But it seems the coating on the lens is very susceptable to scratches and damage. I tend not to put sharp things in my pocket but occasionally i forget and some coins rattle around with it. Never a problem with any phone previously like this but I am very much regretting that I did not use a case with this device. 

All photos are turning out very blurry and I don't think it is a software issue. I can actually see the blue coating on the lens surface is fracturered into very tiny marks. I think that's the culprit. Whatever coating Sony put on this, they got it horribly wrong. Some other threads for Xperia SP etc are suggesting removing the blue coating with some nail polish remover etc. I haven't tried it yet but the hassle of sending it off for warranty repairs is just too much hassle and "downtime" for me so I'll probably give it a go or try some other repair of my own. Anybody else tried to deep clean and polish the screen to remove this coating and any scratches? Any other suggestions? Mild abbrasives like car paint cutting polish or even toothpaste perhaps?

One time poster
Message 16 of 65
Message 16 of 65

Happens to me the same with my xperia m2 and am convinced that the problem that makes blurry photos is because it is scratched or damaged the camera lens or rather the plastic through making photos , the camera focuses bad as if the lens dirty . Anyone know if you can fix or replace that plastic circle surrounded by a ring nickel ?

One time poster
Message 17 of 65
Message 17 of 65

I am not satisfied with my Sony m2 camera quality at all. The pictures are blurry, distorted, colors are faded and doesn't even focuses well.

I am going to Sony authorised service station (in ahmedabad) today to talk about my issue as my phone is in the guarantee period. Lets see if they help me somehow.

I would like to ask Sony company that fairly please speak out that is this due to some bug in the software or hardware? Are you ever going to fix it for us? Or do we have to adjust with this bad camera at a price of 19,000 INR?

One time poster
Message 18 of 65
Message 18 of 65

I have a brand spanking new m2 out of the box.

the pictures are the worst quality i have ever seen on a camera ..

totally ruined my experiance with this phone and could not take any pictures of my babys first christmas withouth them looking blured or distorted.  on all modes.  yes landscape shots are ok but i am sorry but thats not acceptable.

and is there going to be an update to lollipop any time soon? 

totally discusted

One time poster
Message 19 of 65
Message 19 of 65

COMPLAINT

MY XPERIA M2 IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY
PROBLEM IS IN IMAGE
IT IS NOT SEEM TO WORK AS 8 MP PHOTO
Message 20 of 65
Message 20 of 65

Re: COMPLAINT

1.Please do not use caps lock when writing,it is rude.

2.Have you tried to change settings in camera?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.