account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia M gets hot in upper section

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Xperia M gets hot in upper section

Hi.

I have Xperia M purchased on 30-Aug.

After usage of about 5-6 minutes, the upper section (earpiece, camera section) gets really Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyeshot Crying Face . It is impossible to hold near head when someone calls after long operation. What is the solution? Is it normal or hardware problem ?Thinking Face

11 REPLIES 11
Visitor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Xperia M gets hot in upper section

I am also facing similar problem, bought the phone last week.

Adept
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

What is your version(C1904 or 1905)?

Apprentice
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

i m having c1904 same problem, not even calling just on the wi-fi and within 5 minutes it got very hot in upper section

Adept
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

My C1904 showed this issue once in last week. I switched off the device and restarted and it never gave the problem again.  I was waiting for someone to turn up and to pass the time I was going through all the applications one by one when I noticed the heating.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If it ain't broke, don't fix it..... and If you liked the response, don't forget the Kudos! Slightly smiling Face
Rookie
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Phone model is  C1904

Rookie
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

:smileysmileythumbsup:I called to RemoteSony Xperia Service Centre seeking for a solution for this.

They told me to Smiling Face with Hornsrepair the phone software using Sony PC Companion, which was according to them a 3hr task.Moon

I tried the same on my Win-XP PCZipper-mouth Face. It downloaded the necessary update, took around Clock 3 hrs to download and then PC hanged. So nothing has changed till the time.Broken Heart Crying Face

I would be doing the same using different PC having Win-7... so wish me luck guys...

Adept
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

It is easily a 600 MB plus download.. so unless you have a stable and fast broadband connection it will be tough Slightly smiling Face

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If it ain't broke, don't fix it..... and If you liked the response, don't forget the Kudos! Slightly smiling Face
Adept
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

I am connected to my Wifi for the entire day when at home and this issue never happens to me. Been using the phone for almost a week now. Have you tried a factory reset of the device after taking backup of data?. Alternatively you can also try a repair using SUS (Sony Update Service). Might fix the issue..

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

The heating issue can be a tough one to confirm. Whilst heating itself is quite normal as the processor is being used this will generate heat and it is healthier for the phone to vent this heat through the body of the handset than to lock it internally. It is almost impossible for me to tell you if your handset is getting hotter than it should and as such I can only advise you to return the phone for assessment if you believe it is getting hotter than normal.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.