account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia J over heating

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia J over heating

My Xperia J is heating upto 33-37 degrees when I play games like (Temple Run) or during long calls. The phone becomes hot and in that case I have to either discountinue the call or stop playing the game. Please suggest what should I do ?

4 REPLIES 4
Visitor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xperia J over heating

On another note, I have got AVG anti virus app installed. Could that be an issue because it is always running in the background.

Master
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Well, 33-37 degrees doesn't sound really much. The phone has got built in functions to prevent overheating. If the temperature rises to critical levels it will turn off functions and eventually shut down.

An app that's running all the time will ofcourse use a lot of power and therefor make the battery temperature to rise.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Thanks. I was just concerned because it is actually discomforting to hold a hot phone and talk Slightly smiling Face.

But anyways, as I mentioned I suspected AVG antivirus might be causing the issue as it runs continuosly in the background, so I uninstalled it and used it for a day. I felt the same heating issue when I was using google maps to find driving directions on a 3g network. I heated up with 15-20 mins. Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi all, I have a problem with my Xperia J is that yesterday afternoon I had it on a table and suddenly started to overheat, but that was not everything but wanting to charge at night not spent even 5 minutes is beginning to heat while I preferred it off, this morning as usual, I tried with another battery for xperia J, but a further heating (it has or not running, even if the brightness is at 10%, no WiFi, this airplane mode and extended mode standby)

The difference to change the battery is no longer so hot yet further heating and the other xperia J that I have not heated it encuntra cold ... also the battery is consumed too fast did not pass even 10 minutes loading and was at 92% so I decided to change the battery to its original carge team again but this time the battery normal battery lasts, so I guess it's the phone, what I can do?

PS: Only the top where the camera and the LED encuntra heated, the rest of the team is their normal temperatira. could say that half of the cell is heated and the other half did not.

Sorry for my bad English