account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Go vs Xperia U, and its price

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia Go vs Xperia U, and its price

What do you think will be the price of Xperia Go? I've framed out following differences in these 2 phones:

Xperia Go:

microSD

Dust & water resistant

3D surround sound

SenseMe

Noise Suppression

Handwriting recognition

Supports 3D Gaming??

Xperia U:

Much better screen resolution and pixel density

Secondary camera

Supports 3D Surround Sound??

Supports 3D Gaming??

Rest all the features and hardware configuration are same in both phones (apart from Go being lighter and thinner).

The main difference is Go supports microSD, while U has secondary camera, has much better screen resolution, and higher pixel density. Hence, I believe the price of Xperia Go would be somewhat similar, but lesser than Xperia U.

What are your opinions?

4 REPLIES 4
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xperia Go vs Xperia U, and its price

From what I've known in my country, 2011 xperia active is on the same price range as ray (active a lil bit cheaper than ray).. while ray has 'more' feature than active like 8MP with exmor R vs 5MP without exmor R.. So I assume that IP67 certification would give a higher price to a phone.. Considering specs that you mentioned above, let's hope Go will cost the same as U, or even cheaper at launch, as I want this GO as a replacement of my 'old' Live Walkman considering it has 'more' walkman features than Live walkman itself..

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Ah I was considering buying Live with Walkman, but backed out when I saw the small screen.

Xperia U has the great advantage of screen resolution and pixel density too, which increases the cost a lot. That's why I hope Go costs lesser.

One time poster
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Differance betwwn xperia go an xperia u is

xperia u is 2500 rs less and xperia u dont have grapics GPU

xperia go dont have front camera while xperia u have .3 mp front camera

other than this most of the features are same

sony xperia go indian price is 19,000 INR

Sony xperia u is 16,200 INR

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Thanks! I enquired about Xperia Go's price as soon as it launched here. It's just a little less then Xperia Sola, while Sola is much better. But before neither Go nor Sola has front camera, I've decided to buy Xperia P...only if I know how can I change the battery without submitting my phone to the company for 2 weeks Slightly frowning Face