account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Go - Phone Storage and Internal Storage

Commissioner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Xperia Go - Phone Storage and Internal Storage

Hi Guys,

I am a little confused with these terms.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-go/specifications/

Memory

Internal phone storage: 8GB (up to 4GB user-accessible memory)

RAM: 512 MB

Flash memory: 8GB eMMC

Expansion slot: microSD™, up to 32GB

Are my assumptions correct?

1. Internal Phone Memory is shared.
    • 2GB is for Android OS
    • 2GB is for Phone Memory (Default App Storage)
    • 4GB is for Internal Memory (User Accessible and Also Optional App Storage)

Questions

1. Is the Flash memory the same as the Internal Phone Storage? (8GB)

So far, this has been a little confusing to me.

Hope I get some response.

Disclaimer. Sorry for this dumb question. (So I won't get laughed at. Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes)

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xperia Go - Phone Storage and Internal Storage

Your assumptions are correct and regarding your question, flash memory=internal phone storage.
Note that an external SD-card can't be used for apps, the external SD-card is for media and other files like pictures, music and video.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.