account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia E1 Dual Sim does not start up

Rookie
Message 11 of 12
Message 11 of 12

Re: Xperia E1 Dual Sim does not start up

But Emma is supplied by Sony .. or am I mistaken ?

I guess I will just have to wait a few months to take it to a service centre.

I was such a Sony person - almost all my electronics TVs, players, cameras, memory sticks, drives,---- never going to buy a Sony phone again 

Emperor
Message 12 of 12
Message 12 of 12

Re: Xperia E1 Dual Sim does not start up

To use EMMA you have to unlock the bootloader

http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your device and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. See your device's warranty statement for details. Additionally, due to the modified device software, Sony’s repair network will likely have to replace key components before it can properly test, repair and verify your device using our repair tools and software. Consequently, if Sony performs a warranty repair, Sony will likely charge you a significant service fee for the additional costs caused by your modification of the software.

Sony can no longer guarantee the full functionality of your device, and will not be responsible for any unsigned custom software being flashed to the device after the boot loader is unlocked. Certain functions in your device might cease to work, and performance might not be ideal. You might alsodamage your device permanently. In the worst case, unlocking the boot loader will cause physical injuries or material damage, for example, due to the device overheating.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)