account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia C4 Dual Camera Blur and Sound Quality in headphones

Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia C4 Dual Camera Blur and Sound Quality in headphones

Good day.

Recently (3 week), I became the owner of the smartphone xperia c4 dual E5333.

Until that time, аlmost all my smartphones from the Sony, and I've always liked their quality.

But now, I was shocked at how little sony focuses on sound and camera quality.

I use Xperia X8, Xperia Arc S and Xperia Ion.

And that the smartphone in 2015, makes worse photos of the smartphone 2011 is a mystery (like Xperia X8).

In my old LG G3 Beat and Nexus 7 headphones sound quality with Sony MDR-EX110LP much better.

All photos from the middle and long distance have the effect of blurring. it is a normal?

Nexus 7 2013 with ordinary 5mp auto mode.

Sony Xperia C4 in Manual (12.9 mp, landscape)

cp2.jpg

cp2.jpg

best regards.

4 REPLIES 4
One time poster
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xperia C4 Dual Camera Blur and Sound Quality in headphones

Hi just bought the same C4 phone and I have exactly the same issues. Front camera quality is horrible, cannot believe it has 12MP, it blurs all details. Sound has muffled all of a sudden and I don't know why or how to normalise it again (sound options are few and tried them all). I knew and I am living with the lack of battery capacity and the overheating issues.
It is such a great phone on paper but I am very disappointed.
I also cannot believe that there are no official replies from Sony to this post with some kind of explanation for the open questions.
One time poster
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hello guys! This is also happening to me.

I just bought an Xperia C4 E5343 (the white one) and the focus on the rear camera is atrocious.

The camera refuses to focus on infinity for some reason, leaving the 13MP pics with a quality worse than the 5MP front camera.

I have seen some pictures from reviewers and other users, and they're extremely sharp and full of detail, while what comes out of mine looks like it was made using a pinhole camera.

I think I'll try to get the phone replaced, but I'm afraid they'll just replace it with another defective unit.

One time poster
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Same problem with picture quality. Does anyone has an answer at Sony 's?
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Front cam works fine for me. Rear cam for close up objects not more than 2 metres are superb. Well far objects can't be focused. Like 3 metres or so pictures started to get blur. Is it hardware related problems? And btw no scratch on dirt detected on the lenses